Dec 30, 2014

Empties!



Hey there!

Not only is it the end of the month, it's also the end of the year. No, I didn't save any trash all year to show you but I will link all of my monthly empties at the bottom, just in case you missed a month. Cause, I know you want to see if I finished that bar of soap and what I thought.



This month I finished three Avon Bubble Baths! Yes, three of them. Don't act so surprised! You aren't new here (and if you are hello! Pull up a chair. Grab a refreshing beverage). This month I used up a Fresh Orchard Apple was so light and crisp. There is something about an apple scent that makes me feel clean! Vanilla Cream is one of my go-to scents. Love it. Sugar and Walnut was weird. It reminded me of a vanilla and almond scent which almost always turns my stomach. Of the three, this one will not be repurchased. 



I also used up some shower gels. Bath and Body Works Napa Autumn Blackberry is to die for. I love this type of scent. It's so rich and decadent. I also finished a small container of The Body Shop's Early Harvest Raspberry shower gel. It also smells heavenly and delicious. Both of these lovelies will be repurchased whenever I see them.  

I finished an Herbal Essences body wash in Honey, I Smell Good. It did not smell good. It was blah and really not worth the trouble. I used it up so I could be done with it. 

I also finished a Body Fantasies Cotton Candy body lotion. This is the old packaging. That's how long I held on to this little gem. Now that I have replacements, I can slather this stuff on night and day. Who cares that I smell like a candy store?! 



I always have my Secret Deodorant and my Colgate toothpaste in the mix. They are forever staples. I tried a Secret Clinical Strength Gel and didn't like it. In general, I like deodorant sticks. I don't like wet deodorant at all. 

You see that mamma jamma sized tube of Aquaphor? Well, it's in the bin because it went bad. I have so many little tubes of Aquaphor all over the house and car and in ever purse, this large one by the bedside went all liquidy. It was time to toss it anyway. I began using Aquaphor when my daughter was born. They gave us a huge tub of it at the hospital. I've never been without it since. 

So... I finished an Equate Beauty bottle of nail polish remover and it was fine, alone. But, when I added some to my Studio 35 Beauty nail polish remover container (the kind that you stick your finger in, swish it around and your nail is free of polish), it didn't work. It's like the container only likes the remover that it came with. That's ok though. I have a new remover that I'm going to try in the new year. Stay tuned for that!


I gave up on my yukky tube of e.l.f. Wet Gloss Lash and Brow Clear Mascara. I actually have 2 backups (well, one now) because I love this stuff. I draw in my eyebrows and then brush this stuff on them to keep everything in place. I tend to touch my eyebrows a lot during the day (I have NO idea why) and this just helps keep the color where it should be.

I got a sample of the Clear Scalp and Hair Beauty Therapy Damage & Color Repair Shampoo and Conditioner. I always say the same thing about these little samples. There are nice but who can tell if they like a product from a onetime use. Actually, a one wash used. You don't even get a complete hair shampoo out of this if you lather twice. And, I don't have a lot of hair but one packet of conditioner ain't gonna cut it skippy. This was fine. Just fine.

And last but not least, I (along with the kiddo) finished a bottle of Mizani Spradiance High Gloss Serum. You know this is my holy grail hair heat protectant. I've tried a lot of brands and even though this is $20 a bottle, I NEED this stuff in my life. Oh! Wonderful news update. I found a beauty supply store that obviously doesn't know that this is the elixir of hair life. They are selling it for $14.99! I almost pinched my mother right there in the store!



Oh yes! I always try to include some none beauty related empties, you know, just to make things fun. This month I am throwing in Gla'de (Glade) comes out strong with their seasonal scents and their Red Apple Bakery plug ins are so delicious. I am a sucker for all things food. I know that everyone likes the Bath and Body Works plug ins but I prefer the Glade ones. They have a great room throw (sometimes I have to unplug them) and I can always find them pretty cheap. This 2 pack was discounted at $3.42 and I had a $1 coupon! That made them $1.21 for each plug in -- sweet!

That's it good people. That's the stuff I used up this month and what I thought of it. I hope you guys enjoy these posts. I enjoy making them. I began with a small basket in my bathroom and now I have a larger tub sized bucket in my closet.

So, while I'm changing up certain types of blog postings in 2015, empties isn't one of them. A mini review is right up everyone's alley!



Other empties...

No comments:

Post a Comment