Mar 30, 2014

Empties!


It's empties time! I like empties. It's a nice review time of things that I've used for the month. I get to reflect on if I liked a product or if I'm scratching my head and wondering why on earth I bought it. So let's get to it!

I used 2 face masks and 1 eye mask this month. I just reviewed them yesterday. I know. I'm a slacker. I'm going to do better in April. I picked up a few samples from Sephora and I am so excited to try them.

Avon Bubble Bath. Don't judge me! LOL. There are 3 bubble bath's this month; Fresh Peach, Dark Orchid & Raspberry and Vanilla Cream. I liked the Vanilla Cream the best. It's a soft, clean scent. Fresh Peach is next. It's very peachy but not overkill.  The Dark Orchid & Raspberry is last. It was ok. The scent wasn't bad, it just didn't wow me. I have 5 or 6 bubble baths open at a time. I like to have a variety to choose from each time I take a bubble bath. That's why you see so many empties at one time.

Keeping with the bath time theme, I have used a CVS brand Comfort Moisturizing Body Wash. This one was a brown sugar scent. It was a nice scent, good lather and of course, a really good price. I bought mine on sale and I had a CVS coupon. I have a few other CVS scents that I am working my way through. There will probably be more next month. I also have a TON of shower gels and body washes open at any given time. It takes a lot to get through them because I keep switching it up.

I used a Secret deodorant. Probably a bit TMI for you but Secret is the only deodorant that I use. It's the only one that works for me. I've tried other and well, they tell on me.

There's a Sephora sample of YSL Éclat Radiant Touch that I was not fond of (I know, I must be the only person in America). I tried it several times but it just didn't work for me.

I finished a bottle of Mizani Spradiance High Gloss Serum. I go through a bottle every 3 or 4 months. I love it. I use it when I flat iron my hair and I mix it with leave in conditioner twice a week and then let my roots soak up all its goodness. It's expensive but the cheaper ones don't work as well.

Yes, that is pure acetone remover. Don't yell at me. I only use it once a week or so and I've been using nail treatments after each polish removal. They are getting strong but they aren't growing longer. I don't know the answer folks. I just keep trying to bring them back to life after my gel nail fiasco. It takes me a loooong time to use a bottle so you probably won't see another one for quite a while.

I finished a pack of Equate brand Original Clean Wet Cleansing Towelettes (comparable to Pond's Original Fresh Wet Cleansing Towelettes). My purpose for buying these was makeup removal. I've discovered that most towelettes don't remove enough makeup for me. I just don't feel clean after using them. I currently use them to when going on vacation or staying in a hotel. I don't like putting other people's towels on my face so I use these as my towels (cray cray fact about me). I also use these for hand swatch removal or makeup incidents in the morning (mascara wand hitting the nose, dark blue eyeshadow fall out, you know the deal). I probably won't buy any more of these. They just don't do the trick. I have a drawer full of different types and some of those work a bit better than these.

I've begun using exfoliating gloves. Hellojerree on YouTube got me to try them. This isn't really an empty because I'm currently using the gloves but, I don't plan on showing you the gloves when I'm done. Yuk! So far I've used the gloves once. They do exfoliate and your skin does feel good afterwards. You do wonder if you are scraping your skin off if you aren't gentle though. I'll keep using them and I'll let you know what I think next month.

And, I'm a tossing out 2 makeup brushes. It makes me feel better to toss old brushes when I buy new brushes. This month I'm tossing a Wet n Wild makeup brush that I tried out and an e.l.f. smudge brush . The Wet n Wild makeup brush was terrible so I would never buy it again. The e.l.f. smudge brush was fine but it started shedding sooner than I like. I did get my $1.00 out of it many times over but I've invested in a few better smudge brushes.

And that's what's in my trash this month! A lot of tried and true things that you will probably see again. What's in your empties? Will you repurchase? What are you kicking to the curb?

No comments:

Post a Comment