Mar 14, 2015

Tag: What’s My Face Worth - Revisit March 2015


Hey there!

I was looking back through my blog posts (about a year back) and I came across the What's My Face Worth tag. I read the post and almost laughed. The post said my face was worth $173.49. So you know what I did? Yep! I pulled out what I wore today and re-wrote the post!

My life has changed so much. In the first paragraph of primers and such I spent $98. Wanna know what I primed with this morning? I did use the same Bare Minerals Concealer ($20, and not the SAME one. This is a new one) but I didn't use eye stuff at all. I used my Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer ($18) and instead of foundation, my MAC Studio Fix Powder ($27). So my face prep was only $65 this morning.

Yes, I still take a sip of coffee and pick out a pair of earrings and then put on...Maybelline Baby Lips in Beam of Blush ($3.49). Maybelline Baby Lips is the best brand of lip moisturizer for underneath lipstick, hands down.

My bronzer back then is almost the same price! This morning I wore e.l.f. Mineral Glow in bronzed ($8). And the blush I'm wearing this week? Boots No.7 Natural Blush Tint Powder in Spice ($9.99). So my bronzing and blushing are still about the same.

I normally do wear brow stuff. But, I freshly shaped my brows this morning so I didn't put anything on them. And I've mentioned my Blepharitis before so for the most part, I avoid eye makeup. I know the post says I go gently into eye makeup but after months of trying to dance around it, I gave up. I occasionally wear powdered eyeliner but more often than not, nothing, and that works for me.

I did use a Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Pencil ($6.29) but I'm road testing an Essence lippie ($2.99). No gloss today because of that.

And that is my new perfection.

I know, it's a lot less makeup. Wonder why? Sleep. I chose sleep and that means I can't do quite as much makeup in the morning. And, no one has spit or laugh at me so it must be ok. I think I still look pretty good.

Oh yeah! I have tried many new makeup products over the last year. Some of them were high end. Some of them were super inexpensive. I've done quite a bit of research. I was pretty darn sure that my face would cost quite a bit now.

Today my face was worth $95.76. That's almost half of what I use to spend. Now, now, don't go all crazy. That was just today. Had I pulled out my highlighter from yesterday, it would have added $24. Had I chosen the face powder from yesterday, I'd have spent $3.99 instead of $27. It just varies.

I still found the whole process fascinating. I think maybe in 6 months or so I'll try it again and see what the total is. Won't that be fun?

So should my goal be use expensive stuff everyday or cheapy cheap stuff every day?


Nah, I think it should be use what you love every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment