Feb 22, 2014

TAG: What’s My Face Worth


I was reading through my beauty blogs and came across the "What's My Face Worth?" tag. I have to admit, I got a little scared. I don't feel that I wear a lot of makeup or that I spend a lot on it (well, never mind) but I as I saw from others, the cost can add up. I thought it would be interesting to see how much I spend on my everyday face products. It's probably scary!

So, I made a list of what I wore Tuesday morning and priced it out for you. The prices listed are the normal prices at the stores that I purchased them from. It doesn't include coupons or sales or samples and y'all know I like those!
  
Who can start their beautification process without concealer? Not me, that's for sure. I begin everyday with it. Right now I'm using Bare Minerals Concealer in Tan2 ($20). I then pull out my NYX Eye Shadow Base, skintone ($6). I just began using BB cream in the past 30 days but think I'm gonna love it! I am using the Lancôme BB Cream in 6 caramel right now ($45). I don't feel comfortable with just bb cream alone so I do a quick sweep of Bare Minerals Original Foundation ($27).
  
Then I take a sip of coffee or two or I may pick out a pair of earrings and I put on some Maybelline Baby Lips in Grapevine ($3.49) to moisturize my lips and get them ready for lipstick.
  
Just this December I discovered Revlon Photoready Bronzed & Chic bronzer ($7.99) and fell in love. It's the perfect bronze for my skin. I'm currently using my Sonia Kashuk Beauty Blush in 52 Spice ($9.79) This too was a surprise find. Sometimes taking chances works out.
  
I've been testing Milani Brow Fix in 02 ($6.99) and like it. The brow powder is a bit redder than I like but I can blend it and make it work. The highlighter that it's paired with is a great color. It's just enough sparkle and a good color for the brow bone. To complement my fabulous brows (well, I think so) I've been using the Wet n Wild eye trios ($2.99). My faves right now are Knock on Wood and Walking on Eggshells. I also add a swipe of Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Stick ($3.97) and some Almay Intense i-color Purple Amethyst Eyeliner ($4.99).
  
I've been trying the trick I saw on YouTube to keep my eyeliner in place. When I add my Bare Minerals Well Rested ($18) under my eyes I make sure that I get it close to eyeliner. It's supposed to help minimize oils under your eye. Works so far. I add some Jordana Best Lash mascara ($3.99) on my lashes, fill in my lips with a Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Pencil ($6.29) and add a touch of Revlon Pinkisimo ($7) gloss over that and whaa-la! Perfection.

Well, close, you know.

And the total cost for perfection? $173.49

Not bad considering the many of the products last at least 6 months. Some items last as long as a year so doing some quick math, we're talking about $.63/day.


Now THAT's not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment