Aug 5, 2014

Moisturizer Search part 3


Hey there!

This post should be titled, "another one bites the dust".

I am giving the CVS Pharmacy Moisturizing Lotion (aka, Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion dupe) the boot. I had high hopes for this moisturizer and it failed miserably.

I have been searching for the perfect moisturizer ever since my holy grail moisturizer changed its formula. I am so darn picky that the search has been a struggle! On days 1 and 2, I thought I had a real contender. Then I woke up to an oil slick on day 3.

My normally, normal but sensitive skin was full of oil. My white pillowcase was ruined and my glasses slid off my face, onto the carpet, on the way to the bathroom. Because my daughter was trying the same moisturizer, she had used all of my e.l.f. blotting paper. What happened?

The "rich emollients" happened I guess. That's what the back of the bottle says it has in it. It took them a few days to show up and then they showed out! Mount Vesuvius appeared on my forehead and I was through! I don't normally have breakout and there they were -- a cluster of volcanic eruptions just waiting to happen.

I was NOT amused.

On the way home, I stopped at Wal-Mart and picked up YET ANOTHER moisturizer. My dermatologist recommended this one. She said it was lighter than the others and SPF free (I am allergic to too high SPFs on my face - body is ok). So, the kiddo and I are going to try this one. If it doesn't work, I'll be forced to purchase the expensive one that doesn't seem to do anything.

I'm desperate people!

My face is desperate!!


I am sooo mad at you Garnier!

No comments:

Post a Comment