Jun 26, 2014

Holy Grail Fail - Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV-Lotion

Left - My Holy Grail Moisturizer
Right - Holy Grail Fail Moisturizer

I've said so many times that my holy grail moisturizer is Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion. Is has an SPF of 15 which is about all my face can handle. I love this lotion! I discovered this lotion a few years ago and have used it ever since. It's lightweight and sinks into your face like magic. It keeps my face hydrated all summer.

Kept.

It kept my face hydrated. It no longer does that.

You see, I ran out of my holy grail moisturizer and purchased 2 more. There appeared to be a new and improved formula -- Garnier Skin Renew Daily Moisture Lotion. No biggie, right? They simply changed the name.

Well no. They changed the formula and added SPF 28.

That caused my face to burn, turn red and itch like the devil. That, is not good. I looked at the bottle and realized that the active ingredients were not the same. I was stunned!

I packed up the 2 bottles that I had purchased and prepared to take them back to the store to exchange them. Then I noticed that there weren't any bottles of my holy grail on the shelf. I went to another store and saw the same thing. Then I took to the internet.

DISCONTINUED!

What?! I was stunned. I mean I was totally and utterly floored. I loved this stuff and now it's gone? I guess they thought the Garnier Skin Renew Daily Moisture Lotion was a better formula. NOT! It was horrible. I know that many people love moisturizers with SPF on their face. Well, some people can't tolerate that. Now, I have to search for a new moisturizer.

Ugh! Who wants to go through that mess? But, I will because you have to moisturize your face and you do need some form of sunscreen. So, I have 4 moisturizers that I'm trying right now. Spoiler alert -- one of them got tossed in the trash already!!


Fun times folks, fun times!!

No comments:

Post a Comment