Jul 16, 2014

Lip Loves




Hey there!

I've had an item or two (or three of four) that I didn't have high hopes for and ended up in love with them. It doesn't happen too often but when it does I don't mind giving them a big thumbs up. It dawned on me last night as I was moisturizing my lips with my Baby Lips Dr. Rescue that I am a "I'll believe it when I see it type person." You might be a good thing but you gotta' show me first.



Case and point -- Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue products. I have several Baby Lips lip balms and love them with all my heart but when I tried out this Dr. Rescue stuff in Just Peachy and saw that it put a nude pink coating on my lips, I didn't have much faith in it. I put it next to my bed and decided it would be my night time lip balm. Good golly miss molly! That stuff is great! It keeps my lips moisturized all night and when I wake up the next morning, my lips feel great!

Before Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue, I used Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream Kiss. I purchased this during a CVS sale with 2 other Nivea lip products. I'm sorry to say that at the time I didn't have many good things to say about the lip products. The only product that I liked was the lip butter but I didn't like the packaging. It comes in a tin and you have to put your dirty finger all up in the tin. I found a way around it though. Right after I finish washing my face at night (or on a Saturday or Sunday morning), I wash my hands and slather on some caramel cream kiss. As long as this is your only lip balm, you are ok. You can't exactly put anything over this. It also leave your lips soft and smooth but the difference is it doesn't last all night long. Still, it's a very good product -- just a poorly packaged one.



I always thing that ChapStick brand lip balm is going to be waxy and taste funny. And then, I see a new "flavor", try it out and go gaga for it. I say flavor because with scents like Pomegranate Gum Drop, Citrus Jelly Bean and Cake Batter, if you don't lick your lips after slathering this stuff on, your olfactory glands ain't working! I have at least one tube of this stuff in every purse. In fact, just to take this picture I had to find my "weekend" purse! This isn't the old cherry flavored ChapStick. This is great stuff that your lips deserve.

And last but not least, you could not have told me that I would fall madly, deeply in love with the CoverGirl Colorlicious Lip Glosses. I found them by accident but I've been loving them ever since. I could only find the original two that I purchased, Fruitylicious and Juicy Fruit, but I have 2 others floating around somewhere (not in my "weekend" purse because I looked there for my ChapStick). They have great coverage, they feel good on your lips and they smell slightly sweet and oh so good. The colors have just a hint of sparkle and this lip gloss girl likes it.

I try not to prejudge...nah. Who am I kidding?! I always prejudge makeup. These lippies showed me the light. I love them and I'm so glad I took a chance on them.


What did you try and fall in love with? Did you run right out and stock up? What won't you ever try again?

No comments:

Post a Comment