Jul 15, 2014

L.A. Girl Glazed Lip Paint

Blushing on top, Bombshell on the bottom.

Hey there!!

Too Faced came out with their Melted lipsticks earlier this year and at $21 a pop, I thought long and hard about these babies. Then I went into Sephora, played with them a little bit and decided that for the $21 price tag, this lip gloss girl would pass.

Then L.A. Girl came out with their Glazed Lip Paints. Those bad boys are $2.99 each. Totally. Different. Story.

Like I said, I played with the Too Faced Melted lipsticks but I didn't wear them or really get down to business with them. So, this is definitely not a comparison. There were 2 or 3 colors that I thought I might like but in the store I wasn't wowed by them. I did play with them enough to know that liquid lipstick isn't on my top 10 must haves for the summer so it was very easy for me to pass them up.

When I saw the Glazed Lip Paints, I decided that for $2.99 I didn't mind taking a test drive.

Blushing on top, Bombshell on the bottom.

I picked up two colors; Blushing and Bombshell. Blushing appeared to be a mauve color and Bombshell looked like a muted pink. I thought that both of these colors would match my skin well.

First, these glosses have a smell. It's a cross between fake mint and something else. I can't place it. They also have a tingle. I didn't really like that. I could deal with both of these things though but, I don't like the applicator. It's just a squeeze tube and the consistency isn't not suitable for a squeeze tube -- it's too thin. Both of the lip paints came out of the tube in a glob and I had to wipe half of it off. I'm not sure that I can deal with that. Both colors were very pigmented, just like the tube said ("super intense color") but I didn't see the "extra glossy finish". But, that could be because I had to wipe some of it off my lips.

The color was close to the color of the tube but not the same. Both of these colors have quite a bit of a pink undertone. I wasn't really expecting that, especially from the Blushing one. They weren't bad colors though -- just different.

So, I like these well enough but I'm fairly certainly I'll never finish the tube. But, I've said it a thousand times, I'm a lip gloss girl. These are not lip glosses.


I probably wouldn't buy them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment