Jan 24, 2014

Quickie Review - Nivea Lip Care Products


I love my drugstores and their sales. When I can earn extra bucks, rewards or whatever their point system is, I'm all in. Every Saturday I scan the drugstore circulars and see how I can stretch my cosmetic dollar.

This week I purchased 3 Nivea Lip Products - Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream Kiss, Nivea A Kiss Of Milk & Honey Soothing Lip Care and Nivea A Kiss Of Vitamin Swirl Antioxidant Enriched Lip Care with Sunscreen, SPF 10.

I kinda want my money back. I kinda, really do. I know that doesn't make sense but neither do these lip butters! I liked the Caramel Cream Kiss well enough. It smells pretty nice and it's moisturizing but it's in a tin. I don't want to put my dirty finger in a tin and then rub dirt and lip butter on my lips! I know, that one was my fault because it's clearly in a tin and I should have known how the product would have to be applied but... well, it's in a tin! It's not totally an unsalvageable purchase though. I have begun to take a lip brush and use that. That does make it better so lip tin salvaged! $3.99 that wasn't poorly spent. I wouldn't repurchase it though.

The 'A Kiss Of' lip care tubes are going in the trash. They were $2.99 each and if I hadn't gotten points/dollars/bucks for the purchase, I'd be more upset. The Vitamin Swirl was almost moisturizing but there is this off smell that I don't want sitting under my nose. I don't like the scent. I'm not sure that I can describe the smell. It's well..weird. The Milk & Honey smelled less weird but the tube wasn't moisturizing at all. Perhaps it was a dried up tube. I don't know but rubbing it on my lips was not a fun experience.


All in all, I would not make another Nivea lip product purchase. I got my fill with these. Have you tried them before? I know some of you have because you got extra perks/rewards/thingies for buying them. What do you think of them? Do you want me to send you mine? I'll wipe them off first...promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment