Oct 3, 2015

Does it make scents?


Hey There!

Last month I talked to you about the Krispy Kreme candles that I found at the Dollar Tree (link here). I was super excited about them. Well, I've burned them all and there will NOT be a wedding.

First things first, they do burn 25 hours like they say they do. I burned one of them for 29 hours. It burned like a champ for 22 or so hours and then it began to burn dirty. They still burn well and they still smell ok but the original scent changes.

And the scents aren't bad. They do smell sweet, almost like the donuts they mimic. The only problem is that the room throw is very minimal. It only throws a few feet but it's a $1 candle. I'm perfectly okay with a $1 candle only throwing a few feet. What do you expect?! I'm super happy that they threw any good distance. Would I purchase them again? Probably not, but they were fun this time!

The next two candles that you see are Target candles that I was trying to use up. I had to burn them before I could pull out the fall candles. I burned a Marshmallow Pop and a Lemon Meringue candle.

The Marshmallow Pop was sweet and smelled so summery. The room throw was a bit off (I expect Target candles to throw very well) but it still smelled good. I don't know if I would purchase it again because there are so many other sweet, candy like scents that I prefer.

Lemon Meringue was weird. It smelled kinda sweet. There was no lemon scent. If I had to describe it, it did smell like what sugared meringue smells like. It smells great in the kitchen, not so great in a candle. The room throw wasn't good at all. Even though this one is a Target candle, I purchased it from Home Goods. That probably means it was discontinued from the Target line. Yeah, because this would not make my purchasing cut.

I also finished 3 Bath & Body works wall flowers. I know that one was Guava Colada and one was Watermelon Lemonade. I don't remember what the other one was. All of them were very nice and I enjoyed them. They are sweet and you know I like food scents. I don't know if I'd repurchase the Guava Colada but I know that I have repurchase the Watermelon Lemonade several times. The kiddo and I reach for them a lot.

Easy peasy, that's what my home has smelled like in the month of September -- sweet and delicious.


What did you use this month in the way of smell goods? Are you ready for the fall smell goods? Have you picked yours out already?

No comments:

Post a Comment