Jun 16, 2015

Summer Night Time Routine




Hey There!

Last night, before I could drift off to lala land, there were just a few things that I had to make sure were in place. I had to make sure that I took care of my nightly beauty routine so that I'd be fresh as a daisy the next morning. I don't overdo it at night. I just do a few things before bed.

First and foremost, I wash my face. I use my face wipes and then a cleanser, just to make sure everything comes off. Most of the time I have a simple makeup routine and the basic wipes work. But, you just want to make sure your face is clean and free from residue.



It's hot outside so I have officially changed over to my summer time, lighter moisturizer. I'm currently using Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Sensitive skin. It's light and keeps my skin moisturized day and night. In the winter I go a bit heavier at night but now, I can tone the moisture down a little bit.



I'm still using my Caudalíe Eau De Beautie spray. I know it's expensive and I know that no one is 100% sure what magical fantastic-ness that it really does but I love it. It makes my skin feel good and it smells great and when I spritz it on, I know that it's time for bed. It's a mental thing just as much as a physical thing.



Next, I really am trying to be better about slathering on the lotion. If nothing else, I make sure that my feet and hands get moisturized. I'm currently loving (ok in love with) my H2O Targeted Care Softening Mint Foot Rub and my Jergens Original Scent Dry Skin Moisturizer. Tried and true products that haven't steered me wrong yet!



And you have to get your smooth, soft, sexy lips in order! I have an array of night time lippie moisture sticks that I can use but these 4 are my current loves. Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue in Just Peachy is really nice. But, after wearing it for a few weeks, I have to switch it up. Aquaphor is my jam! I will always have 17 tubes of this lying around the house. It is good for everything including lips!  I purchased the Rimmel London Keep Calm and Love lip balm a while ago. I'm really just trying to use it up. It doesn't bring much of anything to the party. And, the Softlips Sugar Plum Berry has been in my drawer for so long that any day now it's going to expire and end up in my big green tub of empties.

And that's what I do before diving in between my sheets. Many other things I've tried to add to the mix just don't make the cut but these steps are must dos. I always make sure to do these things or it's just not a good night.


And, I keep a big thing of water by the bed. You never know when you'll get thirsty!

No comments:

Post a Comment