May 6, 2015

Lippie Love - Dynamic Duos Featuring Revlon Lip Butters



Hey there!

Spring has sprung and it's time for soft lips. Well, it's always time for soft lips. What I mean is, it's time for soft lip colors.

I have almost the entire range of Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters because they are fantastic lipsticks. No, they aren't super de duper long lasting, but they are moisturizing and they don't need a pre-balm on the lips. They are sheer to just the sheer side of opaque and wear comfortably. I like to pair them with a more opaque lip gloss to complete the look. That being said, let me share with you the dynamic lip duo I've been wearing and the dynamic lip duo I plan on wearing this month.

I like to pre-pull makeup for the week. I saw someone do this on a YouTube video several months ago and having being doing the same thing ever since. I like the idea of having your face products ready. No need to fumble for new colors just mix and match what you've already pulled.


This past month I have been loving my orange and peachy colored tops so that meant I had to keep the coral lips at the ready. To accomplish that, I used my Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait and my Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Strawberry Fraise. Two different colors, right? Well yes, but their pair together so well. I can thin out the Strawberry Fraise for my more coral tops and if I want to bust out a pink top, go a bit heavier. It's a win-win situation!



Next month I am going to add my power couple to the rotation. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie (which would totally work with Strawberry Fraise) and pair it with my NYX Butter Gloss in Strawberry Parfait (does everything in my world revolve around food?!). They are a soft but mighty duo. They aren't too pinky (which washes me out) and the NYX can sheer it out and make it more opaque depending on what I want to end up with.



I have plenty of other color combos -- I mean I do have just that many Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters and I can't remember how many lip glosses (oh that's right - 70 - remember the organizing post?) so the options are endless. Well no, they do have an ending. I just never have any plans to find out.

What I do plan on finding out is how many spring and summer combos I can put together. If you follow me on Instagram, I'll #DynamicDuos.


What are your #DynamicDuos for the spring and summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment