Dec 10, 2014

Organizing Lip Gloss


Hey there!

This swatched up hand can only mean one of two things; either I'm in Sephora spending my paycheck or I'm organizing my lip gloss area. Luckily for my wallet, I'm organizing. 



I pulled a lot of lipsticks and lip glosses a while back and tossed things that I wasn't using or didn't work with my skin tone, but I decided it was time to organize what was left. I had resisted the whole organization by color because I wanted to see how many I had of a brand instead. What I realized was, I didn't get a true gage of how many of each color gloss I had. I did this exercise and besides finding out that I currently have 70 glosses, I also discovered that I have quite a few nude, pinky nude and brown glosses. No, that didn't really surprise me but it confirmed that I do gravitate toward a neutral, natural lip.

Don't get me wrong. I like the occasional vampy lip too. I like a fuchsia or berry lip. But, my tried and true, ride or die lip is 2 or 3 shades from my natural color. Remember some of my very first posts (ummm, you need to spend the weekend go back to them then)? I mention that I have a lot of brown and beige's in my overall makeup collection. My blush tones are very natural tones and my lipsticks and lip glosses tend to be natural as well.



But I digress. I was talking about organization. I don't have the coveted Ikea alex drawers (yet) but I do have one of those large 7 drawer containers that I keep the bulk of my makeup in. The top 4 drawers are dedicated to lips. I picked up some of the white containers at Wal-Mart (the ones from Dollar Tree weren't sturdy enough for me and my Dollar Tree didn't have the acrylic ones) and put my sorted lip glosses in them. I didn't want my glosses all scrunched together so I allowed them to spread out amongst the top four drawers. So see, it isn't a lot, it's just spread out and looks that way!



I like my new organization system -- color coding included. Now, I can see what glosses I actually have and decide the colors that match my lipstick of the day. It makes it simpler to enjoy my collection and I don't forget about some of my faves.

What is your current organizing system? Are you sorting my color or brand or are you yelling, "Girl, who in the hell has that many lip glosses?"


BTW, stop judging me!!! It's an addiction I tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment