May 7, 2015

Quickie Review - e.l.f. Brush Shampoo


Hey There!

One of the most dreaded jobs in the makeup world is cleaning your makeup brushes. I have purchased more of the same types of brushes so that I don't have to wash them as often. But, as the world goes round, dirty brushes must get washed (or you will just have to trashed them all and start over).

And because I haven't trashed them all and started over, I have to find the quickest, most efficient way possible to clean them. Everyone is purchasing special mitts and drying racks and solutions that will make cleaning your makeup brushes, easier, faster, with less effort and more delicately (so you don't ruin your brushes).

I haven't found anything easier, faster, with less effort and more delicately (is that grammatically correct? I'm feeling that it isn't) but I have found something that I like and, at a price point that I can deal with.

I picked up the e.l.f. Brush Shampoo ($2.69) a few weeks ago (haul link here) and have been trying it out. I didn't save a ton of money because it was only $3 to begin with. That is a really nice price point. The reason that I had to grab it at Marshalls was because my Target and Walmart are normally out of it. I really wanted to try it because lately I've been using my Purity Made Simple by Philosophy to clean my makeup brushes and that's just not fiscally sound.

So I tried out this little bottle of goodness and I really like it! It reminds me of baby shampoo in consistency but the smell reminds me of baby laundry detergent. You know, if you've ever used Dreft to clean baby's clothes...that's the smell. If you haven't, take a whiff next time you're in the store.

The brush shampoo works well. You don't have to use a lot and I noticed with my kabuki brush, I only had to wash and rinse twice. Normally I have to wash and rinse three or four times. That in itself is a time saver!

It seems to be really gentle on my brushes and they feel soft afterwards. While I haven't given it a long term test run, I feel pretty confident that I'll like using this and it will be worth buying it again.


Want a review after I've put it on the road and pushed the gas pedal to the floor? Stay tuned for my empties posts. I'm sure you'll see it and hear about it there!

No comments:

Post a Comment