Feb 7, 2015

Why I Didn't Buy It - L'Oreal New Dark Sides of Grey By ColourRiche




Hey There!

I normally talk about all of the wonderful things that I have purchased while out and about or things that I have ordered online. I know that folks like to stop by and look at a review or two and see what I thought of things. But, I decided to do something a little different today.

Today, I'm going to talk to you about the things I didn't buy.

Everyone appears to be rushing to put a collection together for the 50 Shades of Grey movie and it would seem that L'Oreal isn't any different than everyone else. I mentioned that I already purchased the OPI polishes. I wasn't planning on purchasing any others. I walked past a display in Walgreens for their New Dark Sides of Grey By ColourRiche collection.

I blinked twice but didn't bite. I had already fallen out of love with L'Oreal when I purchased the Color Riche Collection Privée polishes last year. The colors were fine but L'Oreal polishes tend to chip on me almost immediately. I've tried a few different polishes from different L'Oreal collections and ended up with the same results. One or two days later, chip city.


So, I took pictures for you. Aux Chandelles and Totally D'Accord are white and black. I probably wouldn't purchase those. I did want you to see that Masked Affair and Caution Please are colors that I would normally purchase. They are pretty gray shimmery polishes.


Bad Bad Grey might have come home with me. It's also a nice shimmer. Power Potion kinda looks greeny grey. I don't think I'd go for it. Grey Corset has a blue undertone that would go great on my nails and Miss Grey, well, it's nice but there are soooo many gray's like this that I don't think I'd even try it.

But, it doesn't matter. I don't like the formula and I have no intention of getting any of them.


And that's why I didn't buy it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm on "50 shades" overload, personally. I'm after Masked Affair because it's a holographic polish that's available in drugstores annnnnd because this isn't an "official" collection... but from swatches I've seen the darker shades that are textured are not that great. My opinion at least!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand. If the formula were better I'd be all over them but...

      Delete