Feb 6, 2015

Korres Mattifying Primer



Hey There!

I didn't mean to find this one. I promise you, I had no plans of finding a new face primer. I have been super happy my Hourglass primer and haven't even thought of going elsewhere.

But, either in my Sephora order or my Ulta order, I ended up with a sample of Korres Mattifying Primer. My t-zone is a mess. When I wake up, my nose is so oily that I don't know what to do. By the end of the day, my eyeglasses have slid down my nose no less than 20 times. The first day that I tried the Korres Mattifying Primer, I realized when I went to take off my makeup that my nose was relatively dry. That's when I realized that I hadn't had to push my glasses up all day! My face was mattified!


I don't know if you understand the joy of this. Finding a primer that does that is magical. I'm not a powder touchup'er unless I have to go somewhere after work. So, I don't normally make a big deal out of an oily nose at 5pm. But I do make a big deal out of a mattified nose at 8pm.

I don't see that this mattifying primer makes a big deal out of its pomegranate properties. I mean it says pomegranate but other than the Sephora website saying that the "pomegranate extract...help(s) tighten pores, it doesn't promote it. It does mention rice starch "to absorb excess surface oil" so that might be the magic in it.

Now, it doesn't look good (yukky putty brown) and it doesn't smell good (I don't even know what) but push that aside, plop a drop on your finger and pat it in for a shine free day. You can't over rub though. Just pat it in. It absorbs very well. It reminds me of a lotion.

The $33 price tag for 1.01 oz gets me. I don't like it. I think I'm going to see how long this .34 fl oz sample lasts and then I'll think about investing in a full size.

Has anyone else tried this? Maybe you got a sample too. What do you think about it?


No comments:

Post a Comment