Jan 26, 2014

International Envy - L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Collection Privée nail polish


I watch a lot of YouTube makeup videos and many of the folks that I enjoy watching are from places other than the continental US. I love watching them create an everyday face video or a glamorous night out look although sometimes I get a bit weepy when they tell me the products that they used. If they went to Superdrug or Browns department store, then 9 times out of 10, whatever they are wearing, I can’t get. I love a good haul but when they talk about a fantabulous lipstick or eyeliner that they picked up from Debenhams or a top from Asda I get sad. I know that I can order online and possibly pay premium shipping or I can pop over to the USA site but you don't always get the same product lines. Even Poundland has stuff that our Dollar Tree doesn't have and that makes me jealous! I don't want to be sad or jealous when I watch my friends across the water. So instead, I get International Envy.

I don’t think it’s a real condition but it should be. How many times have you been reading a blog and the person is using the eyeshadow quad that would be so perfect on you and it’s some company you've never hear of?! You Google it and it’s based in another country. Then you look it up on Amazon.com and Ebay.com and they sell them….for some outrageous amount plus shipping!!! Or, it is a company that we have in the US but that particular collection isn't one that they plan to show in the US.

That’s International Envy and I get it often.

The most recent time was when I was reading a blog and they mentioned one L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Collection Privée nail polish. The colors were so pretty! I had never seen it in my stores so I assumed they were the new spring colors. I began to research and I found out that L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Collection Privée is beautiful collection of 6 nail polishes and 6 lipsticks in a wonderful array of warm nudes that would be so perfect for my collection. They looked so creamy and so supple. I just had to have them!



I set out to see if my local drugstores had them. Why no, they did not! Perhaps it was too soon in the season for them and the blog post that I had read had been a teaser. I went back to the “World Wide Web” to see what was going on.

Turns out this collection is mainly European and I cannot readily get them here. I can seek out stores that got small numbers of certain colors (or pay $25 on ebay for a lipstick). There are a few stores (not very close to my house) that sell 4 of the polish colors but none of the lipsticks. NONE!

Thus, I now have International Envy.

It’s ok. I was relentless and hunted down the 6 colors and POW! BAM! I found the polish! A Walgreens about 30 minutes from my house had them (and not many of them). I hightailed it over there, in rush hour traffic -- FRIDAY rush hour traffic. Guess what?!



I am International!

Well, in my head I'm International. I do have International nail polish though.

And that makes it all worthwhile.

I am so excited to use these colors. I want to wear them all at one time. But that's crazy!


Right! Right??

No comments:

Post a Comment