Nov 6, 2014

Wal-Mart Beauty Box Review


Hey There!

I haven't tried everything in the Wal-Mart Beauty Box but I wanted to get back to you good people on the things that I did try. 

It was a pretty safe bet that this box was going to be worth the $5 price tag. I mean you really have to screw up royally to not be a good $5 box. But, there is a first time for everything, right?!

I liked the packaging of the box. They made sure all the products inside were safe. Nothing leaked or was out of place. It rivaled the packaging of my Ipsy box but not my MAC boxes (have you ever ordered from MAC? It's like getting a Christmas gift!).

I was excited when I saw the inside of the box. Deodorant, lipstick and shampoo & conditioner, all from popular regular, every day brands -- you have to find some gems inside. I did and it was certainly worth the price tag. 

From left to right, the first item is a sample that I was already trying out. The Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting Cream is working just fine but I put it aside so I could try the L'Oreal Paris Revitalift cream. It's been almost three weeks and with a $20 price tag I'm kinda sad to say.... I really like it! It's turning out to be a great night time face cream. It smells good and moisturizes my face really well. I get dry skin at the first sign of cold weather so this works well. I wouldn't wear it during the day (it is thick) but night time use is perfect. 

Behind the L'Oreal moisturizer is a Couture Couture by Juicy Couture fragrance that I tried out. It's not bad. It's a strong scent than I normally wear and it smells like something else that I can't put my finger on. Maybe that old scent by Liz Claiborne? Am I reaching too far back? Anywho, it's not for me so I will pass this scent sample along to someone who will love it.

I was excited to try the Secret Clinical. I am a Secret girl! It's the only thing I use. I did try using it the conventional way of pulling up my shirt and just rubbing in under my arms but all that did was make my top wet. Yuck! Then I tried to let it dry by holding my arms up for a bit but I got tired of that really fast. I am going to give it a second chance this weekend and I'll come back and tell you what I think.

I haven't tried the shampoo & conditioner, I'm going to give the lipstick another try and I will retry the deodorant so you lucky folks get a part II of this review.


So far, is this worth $5 each quarter to you? Would you be willing to put $20 a year on the line for this?

No comments:

Post a Comment