Nov 29, 2014

Facial Towelettes


Hey There!

Am I the only person in the world with this problem? Am I the only person with 4 packs of facial wipes open at any given time? And, am I the only person that has about 5 packs of wipes on standby? Dear Lord, please tell me I'm not the only one!

I don't have much willpower when it comes to cosmetic items. Facial wipes always promise to do special things and I always crack them open to test them out. Right now I have 4 that are open and after trying them, I use them for different things. I've mentioned before that I use makeup wipes as my first step. Then I use my Philosophy Purity Cleanser to remove the rest of the makeup. I don't like getting water everywhere (running down my arms and neck, on the sink -- yuk!) so this 2 step process works for the crazy person in my head.

I have mentioned my Wet n Wild Under The Sheets Makeup Removing Towelettes. These are very moist and work so well. They were $2.99 at Walgreens and I plan to grab more of these. I've read reviews from folks that don't like them because they are too wet. I like them because of it.

I also have a Publix brand Makeup Remover Facial Wipes open. These are really nice too. They were on clearance for $1.50 so I picked up the only 2 that they had. I'm glad I tried them out. They are moist and they remove makeup very well. They smell clean and fresh and they don't bother my sensitive skin at all. I plan on purchasing these again.

A while back I purchased the e.l.f. Lotion Wipes in Vanilla & Coconut in a large e.l.f. purchase. These have been in my "What Am I Going To Do With These?" category for a long time. I honestly haven't been sure what to do with them. A moisturizing lotion wipe isn't part of my daily routine so I keep forgetting about them. Maybe I'll keep them in my car now that it's cooler outside. Let's see if I can use them up. While I think they are fine, I wouldn't buy them again. I just don't see the purpose.

The last facial wipe that I have open is one that I found at Marshalls. They have a TON of face wipes! I had heard about this one on "The Tube" and felt that I should try it out. They are Giovanni D:tox System Purifying & Exfoliating Facial Cleaning Towelettes. Whew, that's a mouthful! These towelettes have volcanic ash and super-antioxidants in them. They are supposed to revitalize tired-looking skin, gentle exfoliate and help combat damaging free radicals. With all that stuff in them, no wonder they don't remove makeup! When I bought these, I didn't read far enough on the package to see that removing makeup wasn't the main purpose. Once I realized that, I stopped trying to remove makeup and used them after I had removed the makeup. They were ok. I'm not sure that they did anything special but they were fine. I wouldn't purchase them again though. Even though it was only $4.99 for 30 towelettes, I wanted them to do more.

And that's what I have open. I seriously have 5 unopened packs right now, just waiting for their turn at bat. It's crazy I know but I'm looking for magic people! Isn't that what we're all looking for a in a face wipe?

No? Just me?


Oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment