Jun 7, 2014

e.l.f. Studio Lotion Wipes & e.l.f. Studio Fan Brush



Quite a bit ago I did an e.l.f. haul when the website had a really good discount (50% off I believe). I picked up a few goodies that I wanted to try that I couldn't find in my local Target or Wal-Mart stores. I have reviewed everything in the package except the eye lash curler pads, lotion wipes and fan brush. Eye lash curler pads don't really need reviewing do they? But, I figured I should talk a bit about the wipes and brush.



Let's start with the e.l.f. Studio Fan Brush ($3.00). I wasn't sure what I was going to do with this. I've seen folks with fan brushes and I didn't have one, so I wanted to get one. Sephora.com says it is to "add the finishing touches to your look". It does that by dusting, wiping and redistributing powders along your features. I watched a YouTube video where it was used to polish your finished look. I also saw another video (and read on blogs) where it was used to place highlighters. I've played with mine and at this point, I probably could do without it. I don't see a huge difference in the look when I use it. But, I'm going to reserve any scathing review because I do want to play with it more.



The brush itself is soft and feels very airy and light on my face. When I used it to "polish" my look, I didn't see a real difference but I also didn't do it as slowly or carefully as the lady did in the video that I watched. When I used it to put on my highlighter, I did like that it didn't pick up much but spread it over the tops of my cheeks well. I liked the effect but I do want to play with it more.



So the last purchase was the e.l.f. Studio Lotion Wipes. I got mine in Vanilla and Coconut. I don't know what I was expecting because I wasn't sure what a lotion wipe was. The eyeslipsface website says it's to "hydrate your body with silky smooth moisture". They are convenient for travel and easier than "carrying around a bulky lotion bottle".

Yes, I laughed when I read that because I imagined putting my big 26.5 oz bottle of lotion in my little sling bag! No, I have a small travel size lotion that I keep in my purse and believe it or not, it's easier to carry that than a pack of lotion wipes. But, I digress....



The lotion wipes smell good. They do have a nice vanilla/coconut blend. It's not too artificial and it doesn't overpower any perfume or body oil that you may have on. The packaging is great. It's not just a pull back, sticky plastic -- there's a "proper" lid before the pull back, sticky plastic. I think that keeps the product moist longer. And, yes, the product is moist. I think it's a but moister than I like my lotions. It wasn't super wet but I don't like watery lotions so the feel of this as a lotion wasn't something I could wrap my head around. But, the feel of this as a refreshing wipe, I could. The sheet isn't too thin. I think it could stand to be a tad bit thicker but if that is going to change the price from $3.00, never mind. I think the price point is just fine.

I went to a baseball game a few nights ago and took these. I gave everyone  a wipe for their arms. They looked at me like I was crazy but they used them.

            "Oh, this is nice."
            "What the hell is this for?"
            "It smells good."

And those are honest reviews folks. You can't make that kinda stuff up!

Everyone liked them, for a refresher. I told them that they were lotion wipes and I saw 3 blank stares. Then I said, "No, I mean refresher wipes." I got 1 blank stare and 2, "Oh, ok" 's.


So the bottom line? I'm still playing with the fan brush. I only paid $1.50 for it and I think that price is ok. I think once I learn how to use it properly, the real $3.00 price will be ok too. The lotion wipes for $3.00 -- nahhhhh. The refresher wipes for $3.00 -- maybe, if the scent is right. The refresher wipes for $1.50 -- oh yeah. This smells nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment