Sep 19, 2014

Summer Scents


Hey there!

For me, summer scents are no brainers. Spring scents are light and floral and delicate. Fall scents are hearty and heady and smell very “full”. Winter scents? Well, it’s too damned cold to think about fragrance! Go put on a sweater and get a peppermint white chocolate coffee.

But summer scents are sweet scents. In the summer I go all girlie with my scents. Most of the time I smell like I walked through a vat of cotton candy syrup. If that is too strong for you, I advise you wait until the Fall to stand next to me!


One of my fave summer scents was an impulse purchase (surprise, surprise) at the Sephora counter. They were having double points on fragrances so I decided to try a new one. I make a really good choice. Simply Pink by Pink Sugar is sweet and sugary and smells so good. It was about $22 for 1 fl. oz. This is a scent that I will make sure is ALWAYS on my counter top.

I have also talked about the Body Fantasies spray in Cotton Candy. This is one of my favorite scents of all times. I love this one. I start with the body cream and then add the spray and I am super sweet for the day. They body is spray is super cheap ($1.50 or $2 for the small size) and you can find it just about anywhere (Dollar General, Family Dollar, Walgreens, CVS, etc). The body cream is a different story. I have to order that bad boy on line.

I'm almost embarrassed to show the final one. It's a knock off of Britney Spears Fantasy Perfume (I think). I found it at Big Lots during the holidays. Whatever it's supposed to be, it's luscious. It again, smells sweet and candy like and yummy. I spritz it on and smell like a pastry kitchen (I didn't want to say cotton candy vat again). I love it. It cost me $3.50 and it's worth ever scent (ha! get it? scent/cent? Sorry. It was a long day). If it's not supposed to be Fantasy then, well, it's nice. Sorry about that too.

Summer sprays are easy to pick. Run through the candy store and you'll smell just like me. I only have a little while left before the first cold snap. Then I'll have to change over to something spicy and woodier.

And, I'll have to change over to pumpkin spice lattes.

Not really. I don't like pumpkin spice lattes but you get the picture.


What did you wear this summer? Are you going to sneak it into Fall or do you have something waiting in the wings?

No comments:

Post a Comment