Sep 30, 2014

September Face (Powder) Off - MAC Studio Fix Powder



Hey There!

I saved the best for last good people! Let's lift our champagne flutes, wine glasses or adult sippy cups and cheer.

In case you've missed it, I dubbed September "Face (Powder) Off" month. I read an article on totalbeauty.com about the 13 best face powders. You know that I'm a face powder fiend because I don't like the feel of liquid foundation however, I'm always game to try a new face powder. I tried 4 from the article (or variances thereof) and 3 of my own. I liked them all (except 1) but my favorite face powder (of the moment) is my MAC Studio Fix Powder.

I've mentioned before that I was late to the party when it came to MAC products. Everyone else loved them and I didn't understand the hype. Then I purchased my MAC Studio Fix Powder. Now I'm a believer.


This powder is a perfect color match. There are 31 colors within this powder type. You have to find your shade. And, if you don't then MAC has several other types of powders that might work. This powder goes on smooth as silk and lasts all day. Sometimes I have to touch up my t-zone. Sometimes I don't. It's almost magical. There are a few powders that I love just as much, but I will probably always repurchase MAC now that I've joined the party.

Now, you probably noticed that I didn't try the really high end face powders. When I did the math, it would have cost me about $400 to try everything on the list. I like you guys, I really do, but $400 is a lot for a month of face powders. And then, I'd have 13 face powders that I may or may not use. I looked carefully at the list and none of the others jumped out at me as a "go ahead and splurge" type powders. I mean, I thought about the Chanel Poudre Universelle and the Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder but I had already decided to save a few pennies for Black Friday deals and I didn't think any of these were worth digging in that cookie jar.


Instead, you guys tell me if you own one of the 13 best face powders OR tell me what your favorite face powder is.

No comments:

Post a Comment