Jul 3, 2014

June Faves


Hey there!

I really had a hard time picking my June favorites. I tried so many things that I didn't really wasn't able to give things enough time to see if I loved them or not. If I say something is a fave, I really want to be able to stand behind it and show it love. So, while I liked quite a bit of stuff this month, here are a few things that I loved.
    
                                                                                                   
Have you been to Wal-Mart and tried the new Glade Something Sweet collection? I like to use plug-ins so I try new scents every now and then. Y'all know I love my cotton candy scents so when I saw the new Something Sweet - Cotton Candy plug in, I had to purchase it WITHOUT A COUPON! I don't pay full price often! This plug in smells so good! I have a plug in by the front door and one by the back door and between the two smells so delicious. I also take them to work (I mean I can't light a candle at work so this is the next best thing!).

I also have been loving the Bath & Body Works Watermelon Lemonade candle. I wish I had bought this one in a 3 wick. It smells sweet and sticky like lemonade tastes. I really love it.


When the kiddo was preparing for prom, I bought several inexpensive face powders to try for that night. She doesn't wear powder normally, so I didn't want to spend $25 on something that she'd wear once, maybe twice. I picked up the Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Honey Amber. It was a tad bit light for the kiddo so I put it in my drawer. Earlier this month I pulled it out and tried it for myself. It's a perfect match for my summer self. It controls shine well, wears beautifully and is almost as good as my MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation (I know, right?!). The Black Radiance was $4.19 compared to $27 for the MAC. MAC is great though. BR is a close second in my book.


I received a NYX Butter Gloss in Crème Brulee in my Ipsy bag this month. I already owned a ka-gillion others but it reminded me to pull these sweet smelling concoctions out of their drawer. These are the two that have been in my purse ALL month. Crème Brulee and Vanilla Cream Pie have stayed on my lips. As a matter of fact, in typing this post, I pulled out the Vanilla Cream Pie (sniffed it - you know you sniff these vanilla scented goodness glosses) and then coated my lips. It is all I can do not to sniff my lips all day. Really, if you haven't tried these, I need you to get $4.99 out of your wallet and go get one.



I just published a post about these nail treatments. The Revlon Treat and Boost and Sephora X Nail Hydrator are wonderful nail treatments. Totally worth the money spent.

I have also mentioned the BareMinerals 5 in 1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow. This eyeshadow/highlighter is wonderful and I have used it every day since I got it. I haven't given anything else a chance! It's the perfect accompaniment to my eyebrows, whether I have used a pencil/powder or not.

And last but not least, my e.l.f. Flawless Concealer Brush. This one is my clean one. I have 2 of these bad boys at all times. I looked back over my posts to see if I have touted the attributes of this wonderful brush -- I have not! That is a total slip up on my part! I used the brush to add my BareMinerals Well Rested Powder under my eyes most days. I then use it to add a hint of e.l.f. High Definition Undereye Setting Powder to the area. This brush is perfect for that area. The brush is soft enough to use in this delicate area yet no so flimsy that it doesn't put the powder in place.


What are you loving this month? What are you hating this month? What are you going to try to use up this month? Tell me what's going on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment