Jun 25, 2014

BareMinerals 5 in 1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow



So, before we talk about the product, can I talk about the sales lady at the Bare Escentuals Boutique? You all know I love good customer service. It's the reason that my favorite Sephora of all time is the Sephora store inside my JC Penny's store. I love those ladies. They are fantastic. The actual Sephora stores? Well, I go when I have to but they aren't quite as friendly.

But I digress...I was in a mall that had a Bare Escentuals Boutique so I stepped inside. I remembered seeing that they had some 5 thingie sample and so I asked the lady about it. I'm paraphrasing, because I can't remember the exact words.



ME: "Excuse me ma'am. I saw somewhere that there is a sample of an 5 type eyeshadow product. Do you have that in store?"

HER: "I'm not sure what you mean."

"Well, there's a sample of an eye product that does 5 things that we can get right now."

"Oh, do you mean the 5 in 1 Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow sample?"

"I guess so."

"Well you have to be a FAB member to get that."

"Is that the thing I registered on line for? Cause I'm one of those."

She rolled her eyes and stopped short of sucking her teeth in -- NO LIE!!

"What's your telephone number? I'll look it up."

"8-6-7-5-3-0-9" (You didn't expect me to post my real number did you?).

She did suck her teeth in this time -- AGAIN, no lie!!

"Yes, apparently you are a FAB member."

She wrapped up my little sample, put it in a bag and told me to have a nice day.

Sighhhh. She obviously didn't know how much money I spend on makeup. I bargain shop like a mad woman so that I can spend more money on cosmetics and skin care!!



On to the makeup. I have been working on my eyebrows. I think I have found my perfect eyebrow pencil (more on that to come). One of the things that I have always loved is a good highlight. I have a fairly decent arch so I like to accentuate it. This stuff is amaze-balls for that!! The sample comes in Candlelit Peach. But, I saw swatches and I think 2 of them will make good highlight shades (Candlelit Peach & Soft Linen) and 3 of them will make good "all over color" shades (Blushing Pink, Soft Shell & Barely Nude). I'm excited to get the full sizes!

This product is so creamy. The applicator is a soft doe foot sponge (did I just make that up or is it real?) and is probably the best applicator for this product. It allows you to dot on a tiny amount or slide the product over your lid if you need more.

For highlight, a little bit works. I put 3 good plops on my brow line and blend it in. You have to work fast because it does dry fast and that's good! It also stays all day! Because I used it as a highlight, I didn't have to worry about creasing. In my haste to talk about my love for this, I neglected to try it all over the eye! I'll report back on that because I will try it.

If you are near a boutique, go on line, sign up as a FAB customer and then go get your sample. If there isn't a boutique near you, go into Ulta and try it out. I really think you'll like it. I saw that Ulta had 6, .10 fl oz shades on line (Barely Nude, Soft Linen, Radiant Sand, Blushing Pink, Elegant Taupe and Divine Wine) for $18 each. QVC currently as a trio (Darling Petal, Simply Stone & Delightful Mint) for $30. The BareMinerals website has all 10 for $18 each.

So, will I be buying full size colors? Heck yeah! Will I buy them from the Bare Escentuals Boutique? Heck no!


Customer Service is key people.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you registered a complaint with the store manager and/or the corporate headquarters. No one ever should be treated so shoddily.

    Now onto the shadows, I just hit the buy button on the QVC site for the trio you mentioned, fingers crossed I will like them as much as you. Thank you for writing the review.
    Sincerely, Ann

    ReplyDelete