Jul 4, 2014

Red, White & Blue


Happy Fourth of July!!

I had the brilliant idea to show you guys my patriotic makeup. The girl that wears muted browns pulled out all the red, white and blue she could find and this is what she came up with. Not surprisingly I have a buttload (Is that one word or two? Spell check isn't helping.) of nail polish that fits the bill. But, I don't have much makeup that fits the color scheme.

Let's start with the nail polish, shall we? I picked out 6 of the 9 TRUE red, white and blue that I have because off white, beige, silver, fuchsia, pink, turquoise, teal...you get the picture -- those colors aren't true red, white and blue. My Wet n Wild collection of course, boasts true colors, Rebel In Love, Break The Ice and Blue Visionary. My sparkly red is a Sephora by OPI in Be-Cause I Said So, my white is Klean Kolors in White and my sparkly blue is Orly nail polish in Macabre Masquerade. When I had gel nails, I'd get American tip French Manicures (which means it isn't white white on the tips) I used both of the white colors. I have to admit I haven't used them since then. And, during the holidays, I rock the reds on my tootsies. I haven't used the  WnW Blue Visionary but I did use the Orly Macabre Masquerade on my party nail.

You see 2 eyeshadow pans. I don't wear blue shadow that often. In fact I've only used the Cover Girl Sapphire Sparkle single twice -- once when I was going out to an evening event and I was wearing a blue dress and the second time when I dressed as Cleopatra for a murder mystery game (don't laugh -- if you haven't played a murder mystery game you need to rethink your priorities in life! We go all out, food, prizes, I mean it's ridiculous!). The other two blues are in my WnW 6 pans in Pride. I haven't worn them. The 2 whites in the same 6 pan have been used to blend only.



I have a "close to red" lip liner by Rimmel London in Hot Spark and 1 blue eye liner, Jordana Easyliner in Denim Blue. After taking this picture I woke up from my fog and realized that Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on in Sabbath is not blue. Sorry!



And near and dear to my heart are my lippies. All of them are red. I don't own a blue lipstick and I couldn't find my iridescent lip gloss which might have passed for white. I have two Revlon Super Lustrous glosses -- one in Fatal Apple and one in Kiss Me Coral. I also have a Revlon Colorburst in Strawberry. And my lipstick is a Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Cherry Tart. No, Revlon did not sponsor the lip portion of this post.

God Bless America.

No, seriously, I wanted to put a bit of patriotism in my blog, the makeup way but I also wanted to take a minute to say Happy Birthday America!!


How much red, white & blue do you have in your makeup collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment