May 26, 2014

Nail Polish Change - Nail Treatment Week


I decided that this week I'd keep polish free and just treat my finger nails this week. I clipped them down, removing split and jagged ends, and then gave them a little treatment each night (and during the day Friday, Saturday and Sunday). But, don't fret. I did use polish on the toesies!!



So let's start with my finger nail treatment. I've been raving about my Sephora Formula X nail treatment. I did use it but then I picked up 2 new Revlon nail treatment products during my Super Spectacular CVS Spring Clearance Haul (I know. I'm so dramatic!). I picked up the Revlon Cuticle Softener and the Revlon Treat & Boost Nail Treatment. I only used each one twice so I can't really give a full review but so far I'm happy with my purchases. I'll check back in, in a few weeks and let you know.

And to seal the deal, as always, I used my Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Top Coat. Did you not drink the Kool-Aid yet? Are you not onboard the Sally Hansen Insta-Dry train? Then folks, my work here is not done! This is the most amazing discovery in nail polish history. I dare you to tell me anything better. Go ahead, I'll wait. That's what I thought. This stuff is amaze-balls. You need this in your life.



Oh! And on nights that I remember, I use my Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream. I love this stuff. The smell is great and it really does moisturize my cuticles. I just keep forgetting to use it. And, yes it is right next to my bed! Maybe I should make my bed and put this tin on the pillow. Yeahhhhh, no. That's not going to happen. Oh well!



As far as the toesies, I decided to keep it all springy pink and use The Balm Cosmetics Hot Ticket nail polish in Don't Pink and Drive. Don't you love that color? I do. I think it looks darling with my little pink flippy flops. Now, full price for this polish is $10. I got mine during the 50% off sale so I only paid $5. Is it worth it? Let's see, shall we.

The formula is not the best. 1 coat was streaky and 2 coats only helped slightly. I can't tell you about the wear because it's on my toes (and I don't type or do housework with my toes) but I know that it isn't $10 lasting. I'd give it $3.99 lasting. So that means the other color that I purchased from The Bam will be a toes color too, unless I use an overlay of some sort on it.

So now that my fingernails are nice, hydrated and treated, I'll go back to polish this week. What color will I use? Since I'm running low on polish (HA! Had to laugh at my own self!!) I'll have to work really hard to figure something out. Maybe I'll go springy but maybe I'll go spicy because it's starting to get hot outside (just the way I like it).

You'll have to wait until next Monday to find out!!


Or you can cheat and check out Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment