Sep 26, 2015

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Limited Edition Runway Collection New York Fashion Week 2015


Hey There!

I have failed you. I have one job (well, I have many jobs) and that's to tell you about my likes and dislikes about makeup, scents, nail polish, home decor, etc., and today, I have failed you.

I ran into my local CVS and waaaaay on the tippy toppy shelf I saw the most beautiful shades of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure nail polishes. I mean they were the most beautiful jewel toned shades I had seen in quite a while (and by quite a while I mean since fall/winter last season). And, I knew that I'd have to run to the bank and take out a small personal loan so that I could get at least 5 of them (they are about $7.49 at CVS). But, I was in a rush so I snapped a pic and decided to look everything up when I got home.

And you know what? I couldn't find a darned thing about them. I couldn't find a press release, a good review, nuthin! And it's raining cats and dogs and I don't feel like trudging back up the street to get someone to pull the display down off the shelf for me (I'm 5'4"). Instead, I'm going to show you the eye candy that I saw and tell you as much as I possibly can about them.

First, I did mention that I fell in love with these colors so there will be a wedding. Secondly, I will tell you that I "think" I know the polish colors but if I'm wrong, please don't yell at me.

So there are 15 colors shown here. I don't know if all of them are new or if some of them are older ones that they just brought out for the display. What I can tell you is that I want them.

The first one, I think, is Violet Glass (1) and it needs to be at my house. It appears to be a rich purple color and I love a good purple in the fall. Then you have a pretty green (2). Beige Glass (3) doesn't look like much but when I held it in my hand...my heart went pitter patter. Sighhh.

(4) is a very pretty deep pink shade. I have so many like this color so I don't have plans to bring it home but, you never know! Rose Glass (5) is a yummy rose pink that is perfect for the change from summer to fall. That's going to look darling on my nails. Winter Sky (6) is much prettier in person than this picture shows. This creamy color has a bit of sparkle inside. Nice but not necessarily for me. Midnight Affair (7), well, this is a pretty blue, isn't it?! I'm on the fence. I don't need it but I kinda do! It's a creamy blue that I bet is going to be fantastic on my toes.

I think (8) is Gold Glass. It is a yellow mustard color and not one that I'll bring home. (9) is a rich, peppery red that I really need for toes. (10) is a dark color that I can do without. (11) is a weird color that I probably can do without as well.

Yummy Yam (12) is a very deep mustard yellow. For my complexion this is a no no. Fortunately for my budget, I don't have to have it. Now, Maasai Red (13), that is a different story. This would look purty on my toes or my fingers. It's a delicious "dirty brown" red. (14) is a deep color that probably doesn't need to come home with me and (15) is a silver that I don't need because I still have my Fifty Shades of Grey polishes (link here).


DO NOT let one of the stores have a bogo. It will not bode well. I think I'm going to use some ULTA coupons and CVS coupons and just double up and see what I can score. Stay tuned because I'm going to see how crafty I can get and just how many of these beauties I can bring home!

No comments:

Post a Comment