Sep 23, 2015

Quickie Review - Nail Envy Nail Strengthener by OPI


Hey There!

I'm ready to toss my Nail Envy Nail Strengthener by OPI in the recycling bin. It's almost 2/3rds empty but it's gone all gloopy. When I first purchased it I told you that I'd report back. Well, I'm ready to report back.

I purchased this last fall (info here). At this point I had used it a bit and knew how I felt about it. The original price was $17.99 but I couponed and discounted and ended up paying $6 for it.

It's not the magical base coat that I wanted it to be. It was nice but it doesn't do anything special. If you are like me then you think that it's not worth the price. I mean I'd like a great nail base but at $18, I'm not willing to pay that amount if it doesn't do magical things.

My favorite top coat, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri, is at most $7.49. I can normally get it for about $3 or $4 with coupons and discounts. It IS magical. I live for that stuff. I will not paint my nails without it. I take my nail color AND that top coat to the nail salon for pedicures. And, at highest price it's $7.49. That being the case, I don't think my base coat should be much higher than that.

I'm still playing with new base coats. It does take a long time to find one that you love. This bottle of OPI has lasted almost a full year. So, one would say that it was worth the price then.

Let's look at it this way. 

My most recent base coat purchase was Revlon Treat and Boost $3.49. Full price it's $6.28. Using it almost every week, that's twelve cents per use! If a twelve cent nail base is as good as a (do the math) thirty five cents nail base, which one do you choose? I go with the cheaper one if all things are equal.

I have nothing against OPI treatments. I'm sure they are lovely. And, if I were to find this discounted for five bucks, I'd pick it up. But if my Revlon Treat and Boost or some other nail base was on sale next to it...


...it would be a hard choice to make. And, I'm not sure the OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener would win.

No comments:

Post a Comment