Nov 12, 2014

Lesson Learned - New Nail Accoutrements & Techniques


Hey There!

Last month we talked about nail accoutrements and this month I wanted to follow up with thoughts on what I began using then and show you some new stuff that I just started using recently.

The first thing I talked about was nail treatment. I mentioned the OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener. I mentioned that it's $17.99 in the store but I used hella coupons and discounts and only paid $6.39. I'm sorry, I don't feel that this did anything special. I really don't. As a matter of fact, I wore some darker polishes and this seemed to allow the darker polishes to stain my nails. I've used other bases with my dark polishes without staining. If I had paid the full $18, I'd have run back to the store. At $6 I was tempted. I'll finish it out but I will not repurchase.

I also talked about the Studio 35 Beauty nail polish remover container. I love it. It's great. I do have to change the remover liquid inside but I love this container. Go get it girls!

Let's talk about my California Mango Magic Cuticle Oil. I am in love. This stuff smells amazing and it moisturizes the heck out of cuticles. You rub it in and it soaks into your skin. You can touch paper shortly after. I would totally buy the full sized bottle but I'd use it to refill the small bottle. I love the brush and how it coats your cuticles so well.


Because I had tried the California Mango Magic Cuticle Oil, when I saw the Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil for $3.99 at Marshalls I was stoked! I couldn't wait to try it. It's ok. It doesn't smell as good as the California Mango Magic Cuticle Oil and it doesn't soak into your skin as fast. I know lots of people like it but I'll stick with my Mango Magic.


I chatted a bit about my bottle of Seche Vite Top Coat and how I wasn't impressed. Let me take the time to tell you that the I've used this bottle of Seche Vite Bottom Coat and it is pretty good. It actually works better than the OPI base coat. I've pretty much decided that very few base coats are super special to me. All of the high ends ones work just as well (or not as well) as the drugstore ones. I don't know that I'd pay for this Seche Vite again but out of the ones I currently have, I tend to reach for this one first.



And last but not least, once a week, I've been soaking my fingers in warmed grapeseed oil. Once I'm done, I use the H2O Spa Hand and Cuticle Scrub to gentle scrub my hands. I like it. I found it at T.J. Maxx for $5.99 and if I find another one I will definitely pick it up.


I know, I know. That was a bit all over the place but I wanted my dear friends to know what has been going on with my fingers. What have you been using? What's your magic potion or lotion? And for heaven's sake -- I need a good base coat! What do you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment