Aug 22, 2015

Brush Up On It!! - My 4 Current Faves


Hey there!

I had three teeth pulled. I was fortunate to be put to sleep while it happened. You should be put to sleep before all dental work in my opinion. Anywho, I was on the good stuff for pain so today is my first coherent day in a while. 

Kinda. 

When I cared about makeup and looking pretty, I took a look at which brushes I was using to apply my makeup. I showed my most recent e.l.f. Studio Brush Purchases and while they are good, I still have my 4 top used brushes and yes, 2 of them are e.l.f. brand brushes. 



I haven't been highlighting a lot lately but when I do, my e.l.f. blush brush kicks butt! The bristles are light and fluffy and put the highlight exactly where you want it. It works beautifully with my bareMinerals READY Luminizer. I just swirl my e.l.f. blush brush into both colors (The Live Affair and The Shinning Moment) and sweep magic above my cheeks. I think angels sing when it happens. 



I liked the contour brush that I just ordered but it doesn't beat my Eco Tools brush. I love that brush for contouring. It puts my bronzer in the correct places and blends like a dream. Right now I've been using my 
e.l.f. Contouring Bronzer from the St. Lucia kit. My tan is going away so this shade is perfect for a natural look. 

Everyone knows how I feel about my Claire's kabuki brush. I use my powder foundation as my all over foundation instead of liquid and this brush works well to spread the color evenly. I've tried other brushes but so far this is my number one. This one does a great job. 

My e.l.f. Concealer Brush is perfect for under eye powders. It is the best shape and distributes the powder thinly but evenly. I use my e.l.f. Eye Brightener and then my e.l.f. High Definition Undereye Setting Powder to finish. Tada! It looks like I got 8 hours of sleep instead of 4 or 5. 

I won't need my eye powders for a while right now. My after procedure drugs are perfect for putting a girl to sleep. I stayed up long enough to write this post. When I wake up I'll review it. 

Cause all we need are too many drug induced mistakes!


What brushes are you loving right now? Are they high end, drugstore or dollar store? I'm currently looking for a better blush brush. What are your suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment