Apr 27, 2015

It's A Haul Y'all! - Charming Charlie & Marshalls


Hey There!

Let the Birthday hauls keep on rolling!

I've mentioned more than a few times that I'm moving and because I'm in the new neighborhood at least 2 - 3 times a week, I have begun exploring the shops and restaurants. One of the stores that is in the area is new to me -- Charming Charlie.

(I've added a link to a Yelp review of the store - it is obviously not one anywhere near me as a safety precaution. Whoever took these pictures did a great job capturing the essence of the store).

Can I explain how fantastic a Charming Charlie store is? I had not been in one until a month ago. I walked in for the first time and had to stop and take a deep breath. It's a large jumble jam of pretties and sparklies and shinies and I didn't know which way to turn first.

I just dove in and spent 20 minutes doing a first glance at a store that you need an hour to thoroughly peruse. I saw the jewelry and the shoes and purses and phone cases. Oh my gosh -- it really is Claire's or Icing for adults and I love it.

After a first run, I walked away with prom earrings for the kiddo/young adult that lives with me, and a purse for myself. If you remember from my previous wristlet haul (link here), I like smaller purses. I use to have serious shoulder problems and my doctor suggested I take the 30 pound pocket book (which was actually filled with books) off of my shoulder. I moved to wristlets and crossbody purses and my shoulders have been feeling just fine.

So I picked up this teal green beauty (originally $15 on sale for $9.99) because I have several shirts this color or with shades of this color and I don't have any purses to go with it. Now I have the perfect accessory. It's soft and it has enough compartments for everything that I need to carry. It can also be used as a wristlet or you can attach the gold and teal chain to it. Perfect, I tell you.

I also ran into Marshalls. You never know what you'll find there so it's always a good time. I mentioned the Essie spring polishes that I found (yesterday's post) but I also picked up a full sized H2O Targeted Care Mint Foot Rub and a bottle of e.l.f. Brush Shampoo.

I discovered the H2O Targeted Care Mint Foot Rub a while back and decided that it was a much more purse friendly product than the Aveda Foot Relief Moisturizing Creme. That stuff used to be my holy grail jam but at $9.50 for 1.4 fl. oz. and $24 for 4.2 fl. oz., I had to make some better life choices. So, in walks my new boo at $1.99 for 2 fl. oz. and $4.99 for this 4.2 fl. oz. size that you see here, and I fell in love! The products is thick and healing and I can slather that stuff on at night and wake up with magic feet the next morning.

Now the Kohls, regular price for the 1.4 fl. oz. is $5. That's more than the Marshalls price but if you can't find one at Marshalls, it's still better than the $9.50 Aveda price. But, if you shop at Kohls, you know how to use Kohls cash and you won't pay full price for it anyway.

The other little goodie that I picked up was the e.l.f. Brush Shampoo. I no longer have a Target in my current area (30 days and counting until the new place!!) and my Walmart never has this in stock. I was thrilled to see it so that I can test it out. I only saved .31 cents but I haven't had enough stuff for an online order lately so paying almost full price was ok. I still think it's a good deal, if it works.


So that part one (or two? I forget) of quite a few Birthday Hauls. I didn't go super crazy but I did do some damage. Birthday money isn't for saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment