May 23, 2015

It's A Haul Y'all!


Hey there!

It's a haul y'all!

I took my "sis'er" to birthday dinner Friday night (and it was amazing Thai food) and we of course had to stop by Target and Dollar Tree before going home. The restaurant that we went to is in a different neighborhood from ours and we all know that the stores in different neighborhoods have different items. Stores cater to their demographics and sometimes they get in little goodies that your stores don't have. Shopaholics like me and her have to check them out!

A few of the items I went ahead and road tested for you. I find that I do a lot of previews and only half of the reviews. Things like cookies and lip balms can get insta-reviews because really, you know pretty quickly if you like them or not. Hair color and nail polish remover take a little more time.

The first (and most important) item that you see are Cotton Candy Oreo cookies. You KNOW I love cotton candy. My sister bought me cotton candy for Christmas, because I love it so much. Now, let me just say, I am mad and glad that Nabisco keeps inventing limited edition cookies for me to taste test. Every time I turn around they have some new cookie that I need to try. Well, I wasn't disappointed by this one. They were are so tasty! They aren't a strong cotton candy taste -- they have a more subtle flavor combined with the vanilla cookie. They are delicious. If you see them, grab them. You won't be disappointed.

To the left of the cookies you see a Profusion Lips Moisturizing Tinted Lip Balm. We picked up this little baby at the Dollar Tree. Let me preface this by saying, I didn't want to purchase this. I have so many lip balms and I just reviewed the Rimmel London Keep Calm lip balm (link to that review here). I didn't want to test drive another balm but I felt like I couldn't let my thousands (twelve) readers down! When I saw this at the Dollar Tree I knew that I needed to try it for you good people.

I forgot to snap a quick pic of the other flavors, but I remember bubble gum (because it almost came home with me), and in my research I saw watermelon and peach. I purchased the grape lip tint. I must say that it didn't smell very grapey. It was just a hint of grape but not bad. It went on smooth as butter. I mean it went on JUST as smooth as a Maybelline Baby Lip Balm. And, it lasts for quite a long time. My lips were very moisturized. For a $1 product I was very pleased. Heck, for a $3 product I'd probably be very pleased!

Dollar Tree has begun really beefing up their L.A. Colors Nail Polish line. I normally breeze right past (because I own most of the ones that I want) but my sis'ser was looking at them. When she pulled out this one in Spring Flirt, I grabbed it. It's a blue base with pink, blue and shimmer confetti. I had to get this. I haven't worn it yet but this polish is going to happen and it's probably going to happen soon! L.A. Colors polishes have typically been hit or miss from me so I will have to report back on if this one makes the grade.

I've seen quite a few YouTubers talk about these Sassy + Chic Soak Off Gel Wraps. I don't have gel nails but I've also heard that it works well on glitter polish. That was what I really wanted to try it for because we all know how difficult glitter or textured nail polishes can be to remove. I don't use glitter or textured polish often (for that very reason) but when I do, I know that it's a beast to remove. I'm hoping that these help out. If so, they are definitely worth the price.

And, the real reason I stepped into Target, Friday was that box on the right. Let's not name it please (Clairol Natural Instincts Crema Keratina Hair Color in Chocolate Brown). Avert your eyes and look elsewhere. Let's pretend that I just wanted to change up my hair color a tiny but instead of the need to get rid of those pesky gray hairs that have now taken over. Now, I've never colored my hair before but my mom and both of my sisters do it ALL the time. This is the brand that my mom uses and it's not permanent so I thought I'd give it a go. It washes out in 28 shampoos but mom says it lasts maybe 6 or 7 shampoos. It's ammonia-free with keratin protection. I know that I will have to keep my hair super hydrated once I color it and take the best care ever. I'll do my best to do a really in-depth review of this once I get my feelings right about having to purchase it.

And that's all the beauty related items that I picked up this time. I mean I did get shelf paper and fabric softener and coffee and planner stickers but those items got put away quickly. Anything that's not put away in my house right now will get lost.


What have you been finding in your discount stores? Have you purchased any of the new summer polish colors that EVERYONE seems to be coming out with? Are you jazzing up your hair for the season? What are you loving now that the weather is changing?

No comments:

Post a Comment