May 17, 2015

Quickie Review - Rimmel London Keep Calm Lip Balm



Hey there!

Maybe a week ago I picked up one of the Rimmel London Keep Calm Lip Balms (link here). I was hoping that it would be one of the best things I'd tried on my lips because I love the rest of their lip products. I bought and opened my lip balm a week ago but only told you about them a few days ago. It seems like I haven't had time to give it a good test run but trust me, I've revved it up to 100 mph and given her a turn around some corners.

Well, I like her but I probably won't use her that much.


Now, I don't hate her. Don't think that for one single moment. I just don't love her. First and foremost, she smells like oddly scented petroleum. I mean she really smells funny. I can't put my finger on what the smell is but it's something that I don't particularly care for.

Secondly, she's kinda bland. I know that I got the crystal clear one and how can crystal clear be anything but bland but I have other clear balms (and I won't name them here) that have a little something. Some of them smell like different foods. Some of them have color to the product but no tint to color your lips. Some of them are super moisturizing and long lasting. Well, this one was none of those things. I mean it was a little bit of all of those things but not much of any of them (if that makes sense).

Yes, it's moisturizing and it lasts quite a while. After a half hour or so, the weird smell goes away. If you can wait that long, you will be okay with that.

It doesn't offer long lasting lip benefits. If I pop some on at night and wear it to bed, I don't see results the next morning. That doesn't make a great lip balm for me.

Overall, it isn't a bad product, it just isn't a great product. I have a ton of lip balms and this one doesn't stand out over the rest. I wanted it to but it just didn't.

I had originally planned to grab a few of the tinted ones and give them a test run but I think I'll pass. This one was trial enough.


And it just didn't make the cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment