Apr 10, 2015

Zoya nail polish review


Hey there!

I should be ashamed to write this review. You know why? Because my other Zoya order of by4g4free just came in. Yeah, I know. I should be ashamed but I'm not! Not one little bit.

My very first Zoya polishes were pixie dusts and I was not a fan. Because of that, I didn't try new Zoyas for a while but when I did I realized what I was missing.

So lately I've been stocking up on Zoya Polishes (my first haul) when they have had special sales. It's probably been a 50/50 on what I've liked. This time is about the same. I hauled them at the end of March (my last haul) and now I've worn all the ones that I purchased (I haven't worn the freebies).



The first one I wore was Brigitte.  Yaaaas! I loved this color. I got a lot of complements and just enjoyed wearing it. It will be in the rotation a lot!! I'm sorry that I got such a lame pic but I was enjoying wearing it so much, I forgot to take a picture.

Next, let me say that the two satin polishes that I ordered were hella hard to use. They were super runny and you use a crazy hand to polish your nail. You couldn't use a thin coat (or you'd have to use 4 coats) and you couldn't use too thick of a coat (it would be gloppy) so you had to use some thin swipes and some heavy swipes and some taps and prayers. Yeah, all of that.

And, I made sure to take two pictures of the satins. I took a picture with it matte and ten a picture after I used my Sally Hansen Insta-Dri. I don't like matte nail polish finishes so I will always top coat my satins.




So, when I wore Brittany, I didn't know what to think. It had been hard to get it on and then it was just a weird color for me. I still don't know if I like it. It looked ok but...it's just nude and a weird nude.



Tove was the bomb. I loved it and didn't want to take it off. I wanted to wear Tove for weeks and weeks and weeks. But, I own way too many polishes to sit with one color for that long. That being said, you WILL see this color again. I love it just that much.

And bonus Jonas -- I tried the free lipstick that they gave me. Yeahhhh....no. It was extremely drying and the color wasn't right for me.

So, I won't be trying any lipsticks from Zoya but even with my 8 new polishes, I'll probably still try something else.


Don't they have some Earth Day promotion coming up? Yeah....I've been saving up for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment