Apr 20, 2015

Walmart Beauty Box - Spring 2015 - Review



Hey There!

I talked about my Wal-Mart Beauty box for Spring (Preview that I titled incorrectly). I always love the Walmart beauty box. It's $5 a quarter.  Of all my beauty box subscriptions, this is the only one I'm still getting. The rest didn't stand up.

My Walmart Beauty box had a Burt's Bees Renewal Intensive Firming Serum ($19.99 for 1 oz) in it. I have been using my L'Oreal Age Perfect Glow Renewal for two months now and I really like it. Because of that, I was super excited about this Burt's Bees Serum. I was all ready to try it when I read the ingredients -- apple and  hibiscus rejuvenating complex - I put it down. I'm allergic to apples. The last time I put something on my face that had a fruit based ingredient that I was allergic to, my face when red, hot and began to burn within 2 minutes. No WAY was I putting this on my face. C'est la vie!


I got Lady Gaga Fame Black Fluid perfume ($18.77 for .5 fl oz) in this box. Honestly, I haven't tried it yet. It's allergy season and the slightest hint of perfume brings on snot-fest and stuffy nose-fest, all at the same time. My nose and it's problems are modern miracles I tell you. So, I won't be trying this until probably the end of May or June.

Every month there is a lotion included in the box. This month's lotion was the Dial 7 Day Moisturizing Lotion ($4.88 for 21 oz). I liked it. It smelled good and moisturized my hands very well. No, I wouldn't purchase it, except for the fact that it was small and fit in my purse. It wasn't anything life changing but it was good.

I enjoyed my Caress Fine Fragrance body wash. It was nice, bubbly and cleaned my body so well. Would I purchase the full size? No. Even though it smelled nice, it wasn't anything special either.


I also got the L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Restoring Shampoo and Conditioner ($3.97 for 12.6 oz). It's tiny and you really can't get a great feel of the product. I was able to use it one and a half times.

I also got some samples. I got a sample of L'Oreal Age Perfect Glow Renewal Serum (that I loved), Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream (that burned my face as almost all Olay products do) Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion (like it but not sure that I'd spend the extra money on wash off lotion) and Garnier Ultra-Lift Miracle Sleeping Cream (nice but not sure what it's doing).

So once again, I am in love with my Walmart box. It never fails (so far), my Walmart box does not disappoint. I know it sounded like I didn't like it or was nonchalant about it but I really did enjoy trying everything inside.


Have you signed up? It's $5 per quarter. You can go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment