Apr 19, 2015

UseItUpByApril - Finale


Hey there!

I decided in January that I'd dig through my makeup, beauty and bath stash and decide which products I'd try my hardest to use up by my birthday (UseItUpByApril post). I saw some other folks trying it and I thought it might be easy to do.

Nope. Not as easy as it looks. I even did an update post in March (UseItUpByApril - Update post). That should have given us a clue!



I apparently did not find enough random strangers to help me power through the Maybelline Baby Lips. I did finish 1 of them. The other is in my purse and about halfway finished. I used this at least once a day and it's still going strong (and the other 5 or 6 are still hanging around the house). That should be a testament that Maybelline Baby Lips products will last you a good, long time. But, I really think it's a testament that I have too many lip products in rotation.

In my update post I told you that I had used my Lancôme Bienfait Teinté once since the project started. Well, now I've used it twice. I have to say that in my defense...ummm...I don't know. I love it during the summer but I have really been going powder only and ALL of my foundation-like liquids have gotten almost no love. I have never been a huge fan of liquid foundation and I guess this BB Cream got caught up in that.


Well, the Make Up Forever HD Primer made it into the empties post. But, it made it in because it went super liquidy and rancid. Because I don't do much in the way of foundation, I don't worry too much about my powder wandering away. The Benefit Watts Up Soft Focus Highlighter is still in play. It gets used when I do my eyebrows and need them to be on point. I'll be honest...Sasquatch has been in the building this winter and my eyebrows have been untamed, hairy beasts. I'll do better next time, I promise.

ALL of the perfume samples have been sampled! And only 1 of them got to stay. Yep! Out of all of the perfume samples that have darkened my doorway, only one was good enough to stay and that one was only just good enough to stay. I didn't run out and buy anything. When the J'Adore runs out, it just runs out. I discovered that I like a sweet, sugary scent. I love my Pink Sugar Scents and my Body Fantasies Cotton Candy scent. That's about all I want on my body. Is that too childish for a 43 year old? I mean, I'm asking the question but there is a big, fat, "I don't care if it is" right at the end so feel free not to answer.

I touched the Coastal Scents Bright Eyed Brightener once this entire time. I just couldn't make it work. I really tried but it's way too bright and it creased like crap under my eye. This product is going in the Big Green Empties Bucket.

Two. That's how many of the eight shower gels that I used up. It's hard to use up shower gel when you have about 25 in various stages of use. It sounds excessive I know but you have to understand...I like bubble baths and shower gels! I like smelling good. Sometimes you change it up (like every day). This portion of the project was a big fail but it was a great smelling fail.

I have learned a lot though this project though. One, I have acquired (through samples, gifts or purchases) a lot of stuff that I don't like and still try to use it up. I can' keep doing that. If I don't like it, I just don't like it.


Two, I like bath stuff and I don't care who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment