Feb 11, 2015

Winterize Your Face


Hey There!

The groundhog here in Georgia said that we are in for an early Spring! But, my face still wants super moisturizing. So, I have to keep doing my winter skincare routine.

I don't think I told you what my winter skincare routine ended up being. I did mention that I was looking for a good moisturizer and I mentioned a little bit about some samples that I had tried. But, I don't think I told you how it netted out.

Believe it or not, L'Oreal did not sponsor this post in any way, shape or form. They just happen to make great skin care that agrees with my delicate face! I tried the L'Oreal Age Perfect Cell Renewal Day Cream in a sample packet and fell in love. So then I purchased a full sized sample size (I know, still not committing to the $20 price tag) of the day cream and night cream.

I really like this set. It's thick and rich and sinks into the skin beautifully. You only need a small amount to massage into your skin (yes, I massage it in -- what a wonderful way to get your moisturizer into your skin). It smells so fresh. There is a lightly perfumed smell, but it is very light. It's a nice, calming scent in my opinion. I moisturize it in and then wait about 2 - 3 minutes to let in sink in nicely.

But, before that (no, I didn't go in order. Why on earth would I do that?!) I use my Clinique All About Eyes Rich eye cream. You may or may not remember, I initially thought I was getting the gel formula but accidentally got the cream formula. Boy, that was a good slip up because the cream formula works so well. Do you see how much is left? Well, I purchased this about 10 months ago and I probably still have that much time left.  I checked online and you can use an eye cream for about 1 - 2 years if used properly. I always use clean hands and a fresh finger for each dip.

Right now I'm using my Boscia Cool Cleansing Oil as a complete makeup remover, after I do a quick twice over with a makeup remover wipe. I massage this in as well and wipe it off with a very warm towel. It's honestly like a spa in my bathroom every night.

And the last thing I do each night is slather on some Maybelline Baby Lips Dr Rescue in Just Peachy. I slather this stuff on all over (and outside the lines of) my lips. I wake up to soft, supple lips every morning!

That's what I've been doing this winter. I think it's working. I feel beautiful. I think, therefore I am, right? Right!


What's your winter skin care routine? Is it still cold where you are and are you still using it? Will those items transfer over when it warms up?

No comments:

Post a Comment