Jan 25, 2015

Sample Bin Review - Kiehls




Hey there!

I whittling my way through my samples folks. It takes a minute because when you find a sample that you like, you stick with it and give it a good try before tossing it or falling in love with it. That's exactly what I did with the Kiehl's facial products that I got in my Black Friday haul. I purchased a Kiehl's Lip Balm and got my Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution and Ultra Facial Cleanser free. I did get quite a few other samples but these are the three items I've been using religiously and now I can tell you what I think of them.  


The Kiehl's lip balm was the item that I actually purchased in order to get all of the other items free. I was excited to try it because at the beginning of December my lips decided that they needed a DEEP exfoliation process and they began to peel and shed. After three days they were so sore I wanted to rip them off. This stuff wasn't the best while they were sore (I think there mus be a menthol type ingredient in it) but once they healed, this was perfect. It is a "petrolatum skin protectant" that "temporarily protects and helps soothe dry lips". It really does that. It is a thin petroleum covering but it does soothe your lips and when used over night, your lips feel soft and supple the next morning. I always wear a lip protectant at night and this one has been great.

It's $7 for a .5 fl. oz. tube. I'll be the first one to tell you that I'm not going to pay that. I can purchase a 3.5 oz. tub of aquaphor for 7 bucks! The only reason I did it this time was because of all the freebies and no shipping and handling. $7 for one tube of lip balm? No. $7 for lip balm, 2 body butters, 2 cleansers, toner, dark spot solution and a facial cleanser? Yes please!

Mentioning facial cleanser, I used the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser each morning and I really like it! It's not anything super special but it's good at what it does and doesn't break me out or anything. That sounds like giving someone a pat on the back for doing their job BUT skin care is tricky. I have trouble with face products and when I find something that does its job and doesn't irritate my face, I definitely give it a pat on the back. A 2.5 oz tube is $10 and 5 oz tube is $19.50. My sample size was 1 oz and it has been going strong for almost 2 months. Honestly, I could see buying the 5 oz tube. I think I could get 6 months out of it and it works!


The Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution? Ahhh, that's a different situation. I used this bad boy every day and night for 4 weeks. You get good usage out of it so for the $49.50 for 1 fl. oz., wouldn't be so bad for a great serum. You see how much is left? You could make 1 fl. oz. last for several months. But, it's not a great serum. It's not a good serum. I don't think it worked at all. My dark spots are still dark. You know what works much better than this? My .99 cent tube of cocoa butter. I'm done with dark spot serums (unless they are free samples). They just don't seem to do what they say they do. I had a scar on my face and my wrist and after a few weeks of cocoa butter use, they are both gone. Now, this may only work with fresh spots but it still works better than the serums.


See, I am working my way through all of those samples that I get. It's hard work, but I'm making it! Are you finishing up all of those Black Friday samples? What has been working for you and what is going in the trash?

No comments:

Post a Comment