Oct 7, 2014

Semi-Annual e.l.f. Website Purchasing Frenzy Part One


Hey There!

I'd like to start by talking about this crazy weather we've been having here in Atlanta. I know, you probably have been having crazy weather too. I just can't deal. Sunday I went to the grocery store and I had to wrap a scarf around my neck (I'm so delicate folks). It was 45˚. Today the high will be 81˚. Sighhhhh.

Back to the broadcast folks. I loaded up during my semi-annual e.l.f. website purchasing frenzy. I only buy from their site about twice a year because I can get most of the things I love from my local Target and Wal-Mart. But, when I got an email saying there was a lunch special for $20, I had to log in and see what they were talking about!



The lunch time special kit came with 9 items and I added a blush quad to my order. The whole kit and caboodle came up to $26 and I was very pleased with my little bad self. 10 e.l.f. items, shipped to my door, for twenty six bucks is pretty darn good in my book.



My main reason for ordering was the Blush Palette. I am a YouTube junkie and I saw so many good people reviewing the new blush palettes. There are two, a light one and a dark one. I got the dark one because Fall is here and I need a bit more color on my face during the Fall.



Just an FYI, I am sending out the wedding invitations later today because I want to marry this blush quad!! It is amazing! I do not remember the last time I spent a better $6. Seriously folks. This quad is highly pigmented (so a little goes a looong way) and it is perfect for dark skin. As a matter of fact, one of the blushes is almost TOO dark for me (I'm a MAC NC42 for reference). They are smooth and 3 of them are matte. The fourth one has a bit of shimmer but not much at all. They are so pretty, people -- not what you expect from a $6 blush quad. I really like these bad boys and I see this staying in rotation a lot!



Now, the lunch time special was a mineral kit. I wasn't jumping for joy when I read that, I really got excited when I saw that the e.l.f. Mineral Glow in Bronzed ($8) was in the kit. I have been waiting for Tar-jay and Wally World to get this in. I had heard that this was a great bronzer for women of color...

And it is. Oh my gosh! It is very pigmented and you only need the slightest amount to give you a "hell yeah, it's still Summer" glow. It's very finely milled with no scent. The container is what you are use to getting when you purchase Bare Minerals loose powders, plastic container with a sifter top. I learned my lesson from BM and kept my plastic top on half of the holes. I wouldn't travel with this bronzer. This one should stay home. But, when you use it at home -- KA-POW! You are going to be ready for the world. Use a light hand though. This color may not work for folks with a lighter complexion.



My kit also came with a mineral lipstick in Nicely Nude ($5). It's a beautiful rosy, nude color. It's almost too nude for me but with a lip liner, it works. The packaging looks rather fancy and has a good feel. The only problem was that it was not very hydrating and I felt like I needed to keep adding lip balm. I put it on at 6:30 am and by 8:30 am I was adding more lip balm. Other than that, I liked it.

I also got a Mineral EyeLiner in black ($3). I don't use eyeliner much. I've mentioned my Blepharitis a few times, so instead of eyeliner (the twice a week I do line my eyes), I will go for wet eyeshadow. It allows my lash line breathe a bit better. But, I did want to try this eyeliner because it says it's mineral based. The eyeslipsface website says that it "provides gentle coverage for even the most sensitive eyes". That may be the case but it's hard as hell. It is certainly not the smoothest eyeliner I've used. It's not the hardest but it is probably third or fourth in line for the award. It's a shame thought because the black is a good black. I mean it's a really dark black that would stand out on my lids really well. But, it wouldn't stand out long. The other issue with this eyeliner was that it rubs off almost immediately. If you blink too hard, it's gone.

So that's the first half of my e.l.f. review. Had I paid full price for the items, I would have already spent $22. I still have 6 items to review. Pretty good huh? A few of the other items I already own or have tried and have an opinion. But there are still some things I am ready to try.


Doesn't a little retail therapy help in any weather? I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment