Oct 8, 2014

NARS Audacious Lipstick in Fanny


Hey there!

Every now and then I try something new and when I sit down to write my review/opinion of it, I can feel you guys getting ready to maul me. Get your pitch forks ready.

I tried the new NARS Audacious Lipstick in Fanny.

I hated it.

Sigh. I don't like to use words like hate. It's so severe, so punishing. But I CANNOT stand this lipstick. At. All.



My Sephora lady tried to sway me away at first. She said it was like the new Kat Von D Studded Kiss lippies. Well, I like the new Kat Von D lippies. I freakin' love them, so when my girl said that they were similar, I took the bite.

The $32 bite.

And now I want to spit it out into a napkin.

Ok, let me get my stuff together and give you a better review. Let me start off by saying that the packaging is great. It's a sleek black case with a magnetic closure cap. Very classy, very classy. The feel of the lipstick case is good. It feels like a quality lipstick is inside. The cut of the lipstick in the case is nice too. It gives it such a ritzy feel.


This lipstick is very matte. It's too matte for me. It's drying and lip balm did not help. However, for $32 I don't want to use a lip balm!

The pigmentation is super great on this. It was so great that it stained the heck out of my lips. Not just my lips, it also stained my lip line. And, it didn't stain the same color as the lipstick. It stained a weird red color, not the beautiful burgandy color of the actual lipstick.

Folks, I really, really wanted to fall in love with this lipstick. I just wanted to love it and marry it and have mini lipstick babies with it. But, that is not going to happen.

I'm going to take this one back and choose some other items.


This time when my Sephora lady makes a face at me and tries to sway my choice, I'm going to listen to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment