Oct 4, 2014

Olay Total Effects Refreshing Citrus Scrub Cleanser & Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting Cream


Hey there!

About a month ago I went to the Oprah "The Life You Want Tour" when it came to Atlanta (ahhhhhhh!). I went with a good friend of mine and we had a fantastic time! That was actually the event that made me sit back, take inventory of lots of things (including this blog) and made me start buckling down and doing the work needed to get the things I love doing, done.

Hence the upcoming posts. Folks, I'm thinking up some great new things for you guys! Stay tuned!

Anywhosie, while we were at the event, Olay gave everyone a few goodies. We got a mini Olay Total Effects Refreshing Citrus Scrub Cleanser ($8.27 for 6.5oz) and a mini Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting Cream ($23.94 for 1.7oz). Freebies?! Yes ma'am! I like skin care products, even if not all of them like me. I wanted to try these bad boys out and see if we should invest in the larger sizes.

I tried the scrub first. You know my holy grail face wash is my Purity cleanser. I tried this with some hesitance (I didn't want my Purity cleanser to see me using something else). Well, I like it. I like it a lot. It seems to be gentle and doesn't aggravate my skin. I probably wouldn't use it every day. I think then it might aggravate me but I will use it every 3rd or 4th day. It smells citrusy but it's not overpowering. I'll finish the tube and then I might purchase a full size for that 3rd day deep cleaning.

I also tried the micro-sculpting cream and it was nice but I don't know what it did. I used it for a month and I don't see any change in my skin. The back of the box says it "starts to work immediately to reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles over time". Well, maybe I don't have enough fine lines & wrinkles because the ones I do have are still there, telling my age. It does smell okay, I mean it's fine. It was light enough for night time use -- too heavy for day time use. I'll finish this container and unless something miraculous happens between now and then, I can't see me purchasing it again...especially with that price point. Are you kidding me?


So along with all of the ah ha's that we got from Oprah and her guests, we got very nice samples. I'll buy one but not the other. Thanks to Olay for thinking of us (no, I wasn't sponsored but this was a freebie).

No comments:

Post a Comment