Oct 3, 2014

Ipsy Bag - September - Review


Hey there!

Let’s start this Ipsy bag review with the gray, studded bag that everything came in, shall we? I thought it was very cute! I think it’s one of the best one’s I’ve gotten so far. I have been using it quite a bit.



In my Ipsy bag got the NYX Hot Singles Eye Shadow in Chandelier ($4.50). I wasn't able to really test the performance. I do know there was a lot of glitter and very little color. I’d like to say that the Eyeshadow was just a bad color but I’m not sure about that. I’ve had bad NYX eyeshadows and I’ve had good ones. This one was supposed to be intense (according to the website) and I don’t think that was the case with this color. Let's leave it at that. 


The Cailyn Art Touch Tinted Lipgloss ($19) was a pretty color. The formula left a bit to be desired. My lips felt very dry with this gloss, not moisturized at all. I would have liked it to be a bit more wearable. After 3 hours of wear I had to wipe it off. My lips were not a fan. I saw that others really like the formula, so perhaps I got a bad batch but I’m not betting so.


I love my new Crown Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush ($6.99). But, we all know that Crown Cosmetics does a great brush. I used both ends several times and I have to give it two thumbs up.  The Ipsy special offer was 30% off of a $25 or more purchase. That’s not a bad deal because Crown Cosmetics has quite a bit of stuff that I like.

The Pacifica Natural Water-Proof Eye pencil ($11) was just so-so. It is soft and buttery smooth but it wasn’t highly pigmented. I tried it in my waterline and with a winged eye. It stayed in my waterline for about two seconds before transferring to the lash line. Because it was brown it was ok. And my wing lasted about 5 hours. For $11, I need you to do more than that. I have $4.99 eyeliners that last longer. This was not good for me.



I'll have to get back with you on the Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair hair conditioner ($26).  I didn't get a chance to try it. I wanted to get this post posted but, I’m sure that it’s probably a good product. I’ll report back. I can tell you that unless it is a standout product, the price tag leaves me with a scrunched up face. My favorite hair conditioner (OGX Conditioner) is $7.49 if you pay full price (and I don’t).

All-in-all, my $67.49 bag was worth about $10 to me (plus the bag), so if it weren’t for the Crown eye brush, Ipsy would be on probation. But, I know that the eye brush is good, my co-worker likes the lip gloss, the hair mask is probably going to be good and the gray studded bag is pretty durn cute. As of now, Ipsy is on notice. If the October bag isn’t better, we might have a problem. I’m just saying.

Does anyone else get the Ipsy bag? How are you feeling about it right now?





Ipsy Link  <--- I've put my link right here in case you are interested in checking this out for yourself. I personally think it's a great deal for $10 BUT that is completely my opinion and if you don't want to use my link, that's okay too! If you are interested and would like to try them out, I'd be super stoked if you did use my Link. If you do decide to, come back and tell me how you like your first bag!!

No comments:

Post a Comment