Sep 7, 2014

Sunday Funday - Beauty Hacks Gone Wrong



Hey There!

I decided that you needed a bit of a laugh today. I mean, it wasn't funny when I did it, but it is now.

Do you know what a beauty hack is? It's a beauty secret or trick or shortcut. I'm a big proponent of beauty hacks -- when they work. Or, probably more correctly -- when I do them right.

I found a beauty hack for making BB cream using foundation and moisturizer. I won't tell you which site I used because it really is probably user error. I've been using a Lancôme BB cream (which I love) and before I plop down another $45 for a tube, I decided to try making my own. I mean, it has to be easy right? It's just two ingredients! It's the moisturizer I use everyday plus foundation that works perfectly with my complexion.


Well, I tried this hack and I got -- ashy skin. Apparently you can't just mix 2 random ingredients and always get a perfect new ingredient. It would appear that sometimes you get a mess instead.

I've tried many BB creams (there are too many posts to hyperlink folks) and I didn't like them. It took me several months to settle with the Lancôme BB cream. I know that I don't want to go through that again! So, I guess that means I'll have to keep plopping down the cash for my current BB cream!

Unless one of you wants to loan me $45?


What beauty hack have you tried and did it work? Do you have a BB cream that you currently love? Seriously, can one of you loan me $45?

No comments:

Post a Comment