Sep 2, 2014

September Face (Powder) Off - Expiration Date


Hey There!

2 years.

That's how long you are supposed to keep face powder. I thought we'd talk about that since September is the Face (Powder) Off month. I plan on showing quite a few powders this month so the first thing you need to know is how long to keep your opened powders.

That means that I have some powders to toss!

But, only 2. I purchased some loose bareMinerals powders (Original SPF 15 Foundation and Balance & Boost Mineral Veil) more than 2 years ago. So, into the trash they go.

I'm sad about the Balance & Boost Mineral Veil because I bought a mega container when QVC has a special and I only used half of the container. I like their mineral veil but there have been so many great finishing powders that have come out in the past few years. You know if a new finishing powder comes out I have to try it. That means my "great deal" has turned into a "just regular deal".

The Original SPF 15 Foundation was the first foundation that I tried when I started wearing powder foundations. I loved the coverage, I loved the color range and I loved the product. But, other companies have gotten hip to powder foundations. So, bareMinerals is not the only game in town. Which means, I haven't used this up (but I have it a good 2 plus year run for its money).


And everything else that I have is new(er than 2 years old). Stay tuned for the reviews AND see which things off of the totalbeauty.com list that I own or pick up!

No comments:

Post a Comment