Sep 3, 2014

Quickie Review - OCC Stained Gloss lip product


Hey There!

I am trying to finish testing all of the goodies that came in my Sephora Favorites Summer Stash kit. I liked the kit over all because I was able to test these goodies out without buying full sizes of expensive products. You know, sometimes you are curious about stuff but you don't want to take the full plunge. These Sephora kits let you do just that.

I've been trying to find occasions to test my OCC Stained Gloss lip product. OCC has 15 Stained Gloss shades. If you are partial to matte colors, they have a whopping 39 shades. And, if metallic is your thing, they have 12.

I got a test tube in the color New Wave which must be code for Pepto Bismol Pink. I gave up trying to find public situations for this and testing it at home (excluding the time I wore it to my mother's house and freaked her out). It's really pink (too pink for me) but it wasn't bad to wear. It was comfortable but really glossy. There was a slight minty smell (and I like lip products with nice smells).

I only got a tiny test tube (.08 oz) but I think that tube would last for eva! The full sized tubes (.33 oz) are $18. Concubine and Aurora actually look like colors I can work with. I wish Sephora would have put one of those in the kit. I'd be rockin' it!

When researching the website, I saw some of the metallics that would work (Electric Grandma and Bronze Copper). I also saw several mattes that might work IF matte doesn't mean drying on the lips. I may have to see my Sephora girls and see if a sample would work.

Oh, the lip tube came with a teeny, tiny lip brush. My lips are too big for this brush! I have no idea what I'll use it for.

So this product would have worked in a different color. But, it did its job and I will probably be tryin' out another color!


Have you tried out the OCC Stained Gloss lip products? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment