Aug 24, 2014

Sunday Funday - Beauty Alert Tag


Hey there!!

I like makeup tags. Tags cause me to go back and evaluate what I have. They make me to think about the purchases that I've made and I get to show you good people what I think is great or horrible.

Most of the time (Ok! All of the time.) I tag myself. I don't have a problem with that. If you tag yourself, you don't have to wait for someone else to tag you. So, if you are wondering...I am tagging all (both) of you!

Beauty Alert Tag

1. Favorite face product?
2. Worse face product bought?
3. All time favorite eye product?
4. Favorite lipstick brand?
5. Favorite drugstore brand?
6. Favorite high-end brand?

1. Favorite face product? So you get to see a peek into my next MAC month makeup item because my current favorite face product is my MAC Fix +. I was late in discovering this powder but honestly, the reason I love it so much is because it is a PERFECT match for my complexion. Really, it is. I've been using it in the summer and adding my bronzer but in the winter, it's that perfect touch of color that I need.

2. Worse face product bought? I try really hard to research products before I buy them so I don't often by things that I don't like. And, if by chance, that does happen, I return things with the quickness. That being said, I have a whole drawer of face primers.

I understand what face primers are for. But, they don't seem to do anything that I can see. I don't see that they minimize anything or help my makeup glide on or help it stay on. The products I use are products that I love because have longevity. I don't see that all of these primers help. The ONLY two exceptions are the Hourglass Mineral Veil and Becca Shimmering Skin Primer. I use the Hourglass all over and I get just a beautiful glow. I use the Becca in my cheek region and whatever blush and bronzer that I wear stays perfectly. I don't use them at the same time though.

3. All time favorite eye product. I don't wear much in the way of eye makeup anymore (too many eye issues) but when I do, I always use my NYX Eye Shadow Base in skin tone. My eyeshadow lasts all day with this stuff. I've tried many other eyeshadow primers and they just don't seem to do what this stuff does! Magic, I tell you, magic!

4. Favorite drugstore brand? Wow, that is so hard because right now, the drugstore brands are really on their game! They are working it. If I had to choose, I'd go with NYX because of their butter glosses. I have one of those on most days. They are comfortable and sheer and they smell delightful.

5. Favorite high-end brand? Arggg! That's hard too! I've recently spent more time in my local Sephora than I care to admit. If I had to narrow it down (and thank goodness I don't have to) I'm loving the Sephora brand right now. I'm using some of their lippies and blushes and they are doing it right for summer! The color palette is nice and the products I've been using have been great.

Can I tell you how hard that was? I'm an equal opportunity gal and narrowing it down to one item or brand is difficult for me. Thank goodness I don't have to do it all the time.


What are you loving right now? What are you regretting? I'm tagging you so leave a comment and add your blog, video, whatever and let us know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment