Aug 25, 2014

Nail Polish Change - Sassy + Chic Nails and Zoya polish in Meadow

 

Hey There!

I'm wearing press on nails this week.

Stop laughing at me!

I decided that I was tired of my nails looking all cray cray and decided to go back to my roots (well, go back to 1986 anyway) and put on press on nails.

I don't think they look half bad! I even got some complements. Perhaps they weren't sincere complements, but they were complements none-the-less.


They wore well. They were thinner than they used to be (in 1986) but they were surprisingly tough. Two popped off but I glued them right back on, no worries! I type all day and pick things up. I'm pretty tough on my hands in general and for only 2 nails to pop off? That's pretty impressive.

I purchased the Sassy + Chic brand from the dollar tree. I got the short, box cut because I like a natural length nail and it's hard to type with anything longer. I got two packs which worked out well because I didn't like the lace design at all. I ended up using only the French tips.


I wore them for a few days without polishing them and then I wore them with Zoya's nail lacquer in Meadow. I can't tell you how well this polish really wore because I polished plastic. Polish on plastic stands up much better than polish on nail. I must say I was a bit disappointed in the color though. The bottle has a shimmery orange look. My nails are bronze -- metallic but not shimmery -- does that make sense? Well it does in my head. But, I guess it was ok.

(Pink) Lola is in the middle. That's what's on my toes.
Meadow is on the right. That's what's on my hands.

I also have Zoya polish on my toes (you can look at the swatches). I wore Lola. Not a fan. The consistency was very runny and I had to work VERY quickly to lay down each coat. I normally wait 5 or so minutes between coats. I waited a full 15 minutes. Who has that kind of time?? (Just kidding). And, I wasn't fond of the color. There was something off with this pink. Too much blue hue? I don't know. I won't be using it again.

So my verdict on the Zoya nail polishes is in. (I wore another color here). They aren't any better than the $1.99 polishes that I wear. So, I don't think I'll be purchasing another one at full price (I didn't purchase these at full price either so...).

And, my verdict on these "do-it-yourself" nails is in too.  I'm gonna keep wearing them (for now). They are comfortable and allow me to wear pretty polish and pretend I have nice nails without going to the nail salon; without shelling out $20; without have the top 7 layers of my nail buffed off to add acrylic or gel on top.


Have you tried press on (ok, glue on) nails or Zoya polish? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment