Aug 2, 2014

A Month of MAC - MAC Fix+


Hey there!!

I want to be in the "in" crowd (sometimes -- most times I don't give a flying fig). Being in the "in" crowd, at least in makeup, means loving MAC makeup. It means owning foundation, brushes, lip glasses, etc by MAC. It means having a MAC bag by my makeup table for my back to MAC products. It means wearing at least 1 MAC makeup item every day. 

Wellllllll, I kinda do. But, I'm not all MAC-y MAC like others. For instance, I don't get MAC Fix+. 

Now I feel like I must hide. Now I feel like 25 people are going to come find me and throw me in a dungeon and torture me with orange-red lipsticks and chalky eyeshadow. I'm sorry! It's not my fault. 

I had to find a free standing MAC store in order to find my travel size bottle 0f Fix+.   It costs $10.  It claims to be infused with vitamins, minerals, green tea, cucumber and chamomile. It's supposed to finish your makeup, adding radiance to your skin.

Now, I've tried a few drugstore finishing sprays and I haven't been moved. I even tried the $3 e.l.f. Mist and Set and wanted $2 back. But, I had seen YouTube videos and read blogs that sang the praises of beginning and ending your makeup process with Fix+. And, if you need a refresher during the day, Fix+ is your go to spray. That's a lot of pressure for MAC cause I'm picky when it comes to makeup and skincare products. 

Let me say, I'm not against face mists. I touted the joy of my CaudalĂ­e spray. I am not 100% sure that it does anything for my skin but I love it. I love the smell, the feel, the effect of it. I will shell out $18 for a mini bottle of that in a heartbeat. 

MAC Fix+ is different. I tried it before my makeup and after my makeup.  All I felt was wet. I didn't see anything. I tried using a little. I tried using a lot.  Same result, just varying degrees of wet. I tried using as a fresher. I felt refreshed but I felt the same refresh when I misted water mixed with a mint/cucumber infusion (saw it on YouTube-- of course!).  The Fix+ didn't seem to do anything special. 

It did help when making dry shadows and eyeliner, wet. But I don't think I need to pay ten bucks for that. 

So, sorry MAC. This is not one of the items I will be purchasing from you. I tried, didn't love it, didn't hate it but didn't need it. 

Have you tried MAC Fix+ ? What did you think? Did you enjoy all of the "+" symbols I used in this post?

Oh! BTW, because I want to be in the "in" crowd (or because I love trying new makeup items), I'm going to spend August playing with MAC makeup and other items from the MAC counter. No, it won't be all MAC all the time but enough times that if you are playing the drinking game and the  "sip when you see a MAC post" version, you should be good and plastered by September. 


For my fellow lushes, you are welcome. 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I've got a few MAC lipstick colors picked out so I can have "something MAC" too. I feel the same pressure to buy an Urban Decay Naked Palette! Some day...

    ReplyDelete