Jun 17, 2014

Quickie Review - Caudalíe Beauty Elixir




About a year ago someone mentioned loving this beauty elixir. They said that it was refreshing and even though it can be a bit expensive, the feeling that you got after a few sprays was well worth it. I pulled up several reviews online and most people liked it. The flaw was the price point. Even though the price tag would sting a little bit, I decided to try this stuff for myself.

Let me step back and say, there are many times that we short change our bodies. We spend money on purses and shoes and forget the important things like our health, foundation garments and skin care. We complain about $30 for a skin cream (that we can take back if it doesn't work) or $40 for a good bra (that boosts what your mama gave you and helps support your back just right) but we will save all of our hard earned cash for a $200 purse.

But I digress...

I purchased the purse size of this elixir for $18 at Sephora. I thought about the larger size but decided to start small. The website tells you to spray it on before your moisturizer, use after your foundation or use anytime of the day as a refresher. I have tried this several times during the day but I find that I like it best when I use it at night before going to bed.

It has a strong smell. It's not minty really but it's loud. It's strong when you spray but honestly it dissipates quickly and you have a fresh face smell (I can't explain it, sorry). Some people might not like it but I feel like it refreshes my skin and my face feels nice afterwards.

Different folks claim different results from this beauty elixir. Some like it as a toner and some like it as a setting spray. Some claim that it moisturizes the skin, some people like the glow. Honestly, I like it as a toner and "day finisher". I call it that because once I spray my face, that's my signal to my body that it's time to wind down and head to bed. I just feel like it helps me sleep better and that might be mental but you know what...if it works, it's worth it.

I know there are other refreshers/toners on the market - MAC Fix+, Caswell-Massey Rose Water, Olay Minimizing Skin Toner, Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist, etc... I might try a few others and see if any of them do the same thing.


If you are unsure about this, go into Sephora and ask the ladies to spray you. Then walk around a bit and see what you think. I did that and guess what came home with me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment