Jul 13, 2014

Sunday Fun Day - Stop and Smell The Nail Polish


Hey there!

I know that Sunday Fun Days have been far and few between (ok, once, last month) but I think I have something pretty fun for you. One of the first things that I mentioned when introducing myself on this blog was that I'm a bit frugal or cheap or a penny pincher, or whatever you want to call it -- I know how to save a dollar. And, I know that just because something is cheap, it doesn't make it a good buy. What I have for you today doesn't fall into that category. It's a product that's cheap as chips and is one of my favorite nail polish brands.

You can find KleanColor nail polish at your local beauty supply store. They are $.99 at most places but I have seen them go for $1.99. They have so many colors that it's easy to pick up the same color twice. The thing that caught my eye this time was that they have scented nail polish. Now you may remember that I wasn't fond of the last scented nail polish that I picked up but I'm a glutton for punishment so I picked up three of the KleanColor scented polishes. I saw 25 of them online but my store only had about 10 of them. Online there were 9 scented shades that I would have wanted but in the store they only had 3 so I picked those up.



Leap of Grape (blue) is supposed to be grape scented. Cherries and Cream (fuchsia) is supposed to be cherry scented. And, Strawberry Jam (deeper fuchsia) is supposed to be strawberry. Notice I said supposed to be scented. Well, they aren't. They smell like nail polish. But, that's ok! I didn't pay extra for scenting and these are definitely colors that I will wear. And, the last time I purchased scented nail polish, I tried to wash my hands enough times to get the scent off my nails because it smelled like strong nail polish remover.

I did notice that without a top coat, the polish looked a bit dull. However, I've noticed that since I've been using, my Sally Hansen Insta-dry top coat, everything looks dull before I add my top coat. Other than that, these polishes look great and I know from past experience that they wear well too.


I can't wait to try these on my nails. If you've seen this brand but passed it up because you weren't sure, go back! You have been missing out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment